They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Battlefield, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Battlefield, Missouri. If you or a loved one were injured because a healthcare professional did not offer you the competent treatment that you were owed, call Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great compensation for the injured and vulnerable in Battlefield and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a doctor, medical institution or other healthcare professional in Battlefield, MO broke the rules. When we search out medical treatment, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our well-being — and occasionally even our lives — in capable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse sickness or harm as a result, believe in the accomplished and talented Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to win you justice and the best possible compensation. Not only are we compassionate and dedicated to our Battlefield, MO clients, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the at-fault doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to realize that we mean business and will accept nothing but maximum compensation. Negligent health care can have catastrophic, permanent repercussions, and in the dire cases can even result in wrongful death.
In our three decades of experience fighting back against bullies and getting great results for the injured, we have secured our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a family member has been hurt by a negligent doctor in Battlefield, MO, reach out to Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See the potential value of your claim by using our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Battlefield, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Research by John Hopkins Medicine found that one-tenth of all fatalities in the U.S. are due to medical error. Just one percent of doctors account for just about a third of medical malpractice claims. Too often, negligent doctors are permitted to continue practicing without any ramifications. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold negligent doctors responsible, you can be sure the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice lawsuits end with the plaintiff being awarded compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was paid out in medical malpractice lawsuits. You need dedicated and accomplished Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you are awarded the great financial recovery you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Battlefield, MO Can Hold Liable in Your Case
We usually automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be culpable of medical negligence in your case. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice suits are often intricate; it may not be immediately clear who was to blame, or many people may be to blame. The trusted and knowledgeable Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a full investigation into your injuries and ensure that every party that caused you harm is held responsible for their reckless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Battlefield, MO
Medical negligence occurs when a healthcare professional violates the standard of care, which is how a competent doctor in the same practice area and same geographic location would have care for your health problems. Our Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that transpire in all sorts of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most frequent reason for medical malpractice claims that occur in out-of-hospital care. About 12 million people in United States are misdiagnosed each year. Diagnosing health problems early on is critical in attaining the most favorable results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can result in a delay to the care you acutely need to become healthier, or can cause incorrect care that worsens your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most severe health conditions, for instance:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical errors are the most common medical malpractice claim related to inpatient care. There are at least 4,000 surgical errors in the United States each year, and frighteningly, the most common example is performing surgery on an incorrect body part. Other instances can include accidental cuts, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like instruments remaining inside the patient, infections or failure to address difficulties arising from the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die every year owing to medication errors. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving the wrong dosage or neglecting to recognize interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a main factor in the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs about $210 billion every year. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 physicians and discovered that physicians themselves are under the impression that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- Almost a quarter of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- Over a fifth of all medical care
Unnecessary treatment can lead to surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Approximately 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States experience a serious birth injury Every year. Not properly observing the infant during birth, not appropriately implementing birthing procedures or not diagnosing a health problem with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical negligence that can lead to long-term or permanent consequences.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act determined a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to shield and guarantee their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home institution or staff does not respect those rights and the person you love is hurt as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them responsible.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has an innate right to make decisions for ourselves. When a healthcare institution does not inform you of risks, or fails to acquire your consent before a procedure, it is a horrible violation of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the catastrophic consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's negligence can cause, and the anger and grief that accompanies finding out that your trust was betrayed. We hold careless doctors accountable and deliver our Battlefield, MO clients the maximum financial recovery they are owed and that they need to move on and be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have extensive medical knowledge and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor breached the standard of care. Reach out to our medical malpractice lawyers in Battlefield, MO right away at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Check out the following links to see several of the recent successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have gotten for our clients in Battlefield, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice lawsuits are notoriously tough to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, perseverance and savvy to win you the best possible financial recovery you know you deserve. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Start working on your claim straight away
- Connect you with honest and capable doctors to finally get you the medical attention you need
- Perform a comprehensive investigation, including acquiring medical records, expert testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Converse with our network of Battlefield, MO medical experts to corroborate standard of care in your case, demonstrate how the care you were provided with was not up to the standard and prove negligence
- Offer sympathetic, sound and trustworthy legal guidance
- Keep you informed throughout your lawsuit so you are not left in the dark and you know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Handle every legal aspect of your case so you can spend your energy on healing
- Confer with with economic experts to exactly value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters to get you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Battlefield, MO does not have the resources and legal savvy to stand up to the expensive defense teams of doctors and large insurance companies. That is why our Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. We charge no attorneys fees until we get you the maximum financial recovery you are owed. We have dedicated our careers to making certain that the injured and vulnerable in Battlefield, MO have access to the highest standard of legal advocacy, one that compares with and eclipses that of large corporations. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to remove every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every mistake carried out by medical institution or doctor constitutes malpractice. In order to be awarded a financial recovery for improper treatment in Battlefield, MO, you must demonstrate four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you prove that:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is generally not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was negligent. You need to be able to demonstrate that a capable physician in the same practice area, in the same geographical location treating the same medical condition, would not have made the same error.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This can often be tough to prove, as patients being treated by a doctor are usually already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. Examples include physical pain, impairment, additional medical bills, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also need to provide an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your lawsuit, following Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that says that a) the doctor did not give you the care that a careful healthcare provider would have under similar circumstances, and b) the negligence caused the alleged damages. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a wealth of accomplished and professional medical connections in Battlefield and throughout Missouri who will help back up your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Recover? | Battlefield, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you receive usually falls into two categories: economic damages, which look to compensate you for the financial damages you have experienced because of a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which try to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have affected your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence resulted in an impairment that does not allow you to conduct the duties of your job anymore
- Medical expenses, including:
- Subsequent doctors appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical therapy
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or required upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work tirelessly until you get every cent that you deserve. We know that some injuries are impossible to truly heal from, but we fight to make certain that your pain and suffering is alleviated.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in two essential aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you maneuver damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an effort to diminish insurance premiums for medical negligence. The bill establishes "damage caps" on how much compensation you can recover in a medical malpractice suit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Battlefield, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The limits for catastrophic injuries are higher because they affect your ability to carry out basic tasks and to enjoy life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you determine if your injury can be considered catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Battlefield, MO?
If you or a loved one were harmed by a medical professional's substandard care in Battlefield, MO, it is crucial to contact medical malpractice lawyers right away. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice claims only have a time limit of two years, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been hurt your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three important exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor did not inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or your family member was a minor on the date of the malpractice, you have until they turn 20.
Do not delay. Call the Burger Law Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately. We get working on your case right away and do not let up until you receive the best possible compensation . Waiting could bring difficulties to your claim and could make it difficult for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full extent of your damages. Call Burger Law's Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers mow at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Battlefield, MO
No one deserves to have their life upended because a doctor was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers comprise the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work tirelessly to get them the great results they need to move forward with their lives. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last 30 years fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let doctors, large corporations take advantage of your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Battlefield, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.