They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Bolivar, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Bolivar, Missouri. If you or someone you care about were hurt because a healthcare professional did not provide you with the proper treatment that you deserved, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get the best possible results for our clients in Bolivar and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a doctor, medical institution or other medical professional in Bolivar, MO did not respect your health. When we search out medical care, we do so believing that we are placing our well-being — and occasionally even our lives — in dependable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse illnesses or injuries as a result, trust in the experienced and knowledgeable Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to get you justice and a full compensation. Not only are we understanding and devoted to the injured in Bolivar, MO, but we are more aggressive than the majority of law firms in filing lawsuits and not waiting around for the at-fault doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to understand that we mean business and will not take anything but the best possible compensation. Negligent health care can have traumatic, permanent repercussions, and in the dire cases can even cause wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience standing up to bullies and getting great results for our clients, we have gotten our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a family member has been injured by a careless medical professional in Bolivar, MO, call Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See the potential value of your claim by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Bolivar, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
A study by John Hopkins Medicine found that one-tenth of all fatalities in the U.S. are due to medical error. Just one percent of doctors are responsible for almost 33 percent of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any discipline. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold negligent doctors to blame, you can be sure the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff receiving compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was recovered in medical malpractice cases. You need devoted and accomplished Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you receive the best possible compensation you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Bolivar, MO Can Hold Liable in Your Claim
We usually automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be culpable of medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice lawsuits are frequently complex; it may not be immediately clear who was liable, or many people may be liable. The trusted and skilled Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into your injuries and make certain that each party that caused you harm is held accountable for their careless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Bolivar, MO
Medical negligence transpires when a healthcare professional breaches the standard of care, which is how a capable doctor in the same field and same geographic location would have treated your health issue. Our Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that occur in all sorts of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most frequent reason for medical malpractice cases that take place in outpatient treatment. Roughly 12 million people in United States are misdiagnosed every year. Diagnosing medical issues early on is significant in attaining the best possible results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can result in a delay to the care you seriously require to become healthier, or can lead to improper treatment that exacerbates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most grave health conditions, for example:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice case related to in-hospital care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical mistakes in the U.S. annually, and frighteningly, the most common instance is performing surgery on the wrong organ. Other instances can include accidental cuts, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like scissors being left inside the patient, infections or failure to treat complications emerge after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people in the U.S. die each year owing to medication errors. Examples can include not knowing a patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving an incorrect dosage or neglecting to identify interactions with other drugs.
Another instance of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies have found that overprescribing is a substantial contributor to the opioid crisis in the U.S.
Unnecessary medical care costs roughly $210 billion every year. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 physicians and found that physicians themselves believe that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- Over one-fifth of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- 20.6 percent of medical treatment in general
Unnecessary treatment can lead to surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Roughly 6 to 8 out of a thousand children born in the United States sustain a serious birth injury each year. Not correctly observing the infant during delivery, not properly utilizing birthing techniques or not diagnosing a health problem with the mother during pregnancy are all examples of medical malpractice that can cause long-term or lifelong health issues.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act put in place a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to shield and secure their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home institution or staff shirks those rights and your loved one is consequently injured, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them liable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has a basic right to make choices for ourselves. When a physician fails to inform you of risks, or fails to secure your consent before a procedure, it is an outrageous violation of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the catastrophic repercussions a healthcare professional's or institution's negligence can cause, and the exasperation and sorrow that accompanies learning that your trust was broken. We hold at-fault doctors to blame and win our Bolivar, MO clients the maximum compensation they are owed and that they require to move on and be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have exhaustive medical knowledge and will be able to determine precisely how your doctor violated the standard of care. Call our medical malpractice lawyers in Bolivar, MO at once at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Take a look at the following links to see some of the latest successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have won for our clients in Bolivar, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice lawsuits are notoriously tough to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, perseverance and skills to win you the maximum compensation you know you deserve. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Start working on your claim at once
- Connect you with honest and capable doctors to finally get you the medical care you are owed
- Perform a complete investigation, including procuring medical records, expert testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Consult with our network of Bolivar, MO medical experts to corroborate standard of care in your case, show how the treatment you were provided with was substandard and prove negligence
- Offer thoughtful, knowledgeable and trustworthy legal counsel
- Keep you informed throughout your case so you are not left in the dark and you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Oversee every legal aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on healing
- Consult with with economic experts to precisely value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company to secure you the best possible settlement offer
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most people in Bolivar, MO does not have the resources and legal knowledge to stand up to the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large hospitals. For that reason, our Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. We accept no attorneys fees until we get you the maximum financial recovery you are owed. We have dedicated our lives to making certain that the injured and vulnerable in Bolivar, MO have access to the highest form of legal advocacy, one that matches and exceeds that of large insurance companies. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to eliminate every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error committed by medical institution or doctor constitutes malpractice. In order to receive compensation for improper treatment in Bolivar, MO, you must conclusively show four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was established. This means proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is typically not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was violated the standard of care. You need to be able to demonstrate that a capable doctor in the same practice area, in the same geographical location caring for the same medical condition, would not have made the same mistake.
- The doctor’s breach of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This can often be difficult to prove, as patients under a physician's care are typically already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient harm that they should be compensated for. This can include physical pain, impairment, additional medical bills, or loss of earning capacity.
In Missouri, you will also be required to offer an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your case, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a a medical professional in the same field that opines that a) the doctor did not offer the treatment that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the failure caused the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a massive network of experienced and professional medical connections in Bolivar and throughout Missouri who will help authenticate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Recover? | Bolivar, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover typically falls into two categories: economic damages, which are meant to compensate you for the financial loss you have sustained due to a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which look to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if the medical negligence resulted in a disability that does not permit you to conduct the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical costs, such as:
- Follow up appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or required improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work relentlessly until you get every nickel that you deserve. We know that you can never fully recover from some injuries, but we fight to make certain that you are made whole again.
Malpractice cases differ from other personal injuries in Missouri in two essential details. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an attempt to reduce insurance premiums for doctor's and hospitals. The bill set "damage caps" on the amount you can be awarded in a medical malpractice lawsuit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those limits are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Bolivar, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The limits for catastrophic injuries are higher because they impact your ability to carry out daily tasks and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you determine if your injury can be considered catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Bolivar, MO?
If you or someone you love were injured by a medical professional's negligence in Bolivar, MO, it is essential to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers immediately. While most personal injury cases have a time limit of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice cases only have a statute of limitations of two years, under Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been harmed your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file your claim. There are three important exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor failed to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you love was under 18 on the date of the malpractice, you have until they turn 20.
There is no time to delay. Call the Burger Law Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers now. We get started on your case at once and do not stop until you recover the best possible compensation . Waiting could bring difficulties to your case and could make it hard for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to prove the full extent of your damages. Call Burger Law's Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Bolivar, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a medical professional was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work relentlessly to get them the great results they need to move forward with their lives. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let physicians, large hospitals manipulate your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Bolivar, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.