They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Boonville, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Boonville, Missouri. If you or a loved one were hurt because a physician did not give you the competent treatment that you deserved, call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great compensation for the injured in Boonville and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other medical professional in Boonville, MO disregarded your health. When we get medical attention, we do so believing that we are placing our well-being — and sometimes even our lives — in proficient hands. When doctors are negligent , leaving you with even worse illnesses or injuries as a result, believe in the veteran and knowledgeable Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to win you justice and the best possible financial recovery. Not only are we compassionate and dedicated to the injured in Boonville, MO, but we are more aggressive than the majority of law firms in filing lawsuits and not waiting around for the at-fault doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to realize that we are driven and will accept nothing but the best possible compensation. Negligent health care can have ruinous, permanent repercussions, and in the dire cases can even result in wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience fighting back against bullies and getting the best possible results for our clients, we have won our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or someone you love has been hurt by a careless medical professional in Boonville, MO, get in touch with Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much compensation you may be able to recover by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Boonville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Data from John Hopkins Medicine found that 10 percent of all fatalities in the United States are owing to medical error. Just one percent of physicians are responsible for nearly a third of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to continue practicing without any penalty. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold liable doctors accountable, you can be confident the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff recovering compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was recovered in medical malpractice claims. You need devoted and seasoned Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you are awarded the best possible compensation you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Boonville, MO Can Hold To Blame in Your Claim
We frequently automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many people or institutions that may be culpable of medical negligence in your case. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice cases are typically intricate; it may not be immediately clear who was to blame, or many parties may be at fault. The trustworthy and talented Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into your claim and make certain that each party that caused you harm is held responsible for their reckless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Boonville, MO
Medical negligence occurs when a healthcare professional violates the standard of care, which is how a capable doctor in the same practice area and same geographic location would have addressed your health issue. Our Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that transpire in all sorts of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice lawsuits related to outpatient treatment. About 12 million people in United States are misdiagnosed annually. Catching health issues early on is often a deciding factor in attaining the best possible results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can cause a delay to the treatment you desperately require to become healthier, or can cause unsuitable treatment that aggravates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most severe health conditions, such as:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice claim related to inpatient treatment. There are at least 4,000 surgical mistakes in the United States every year, and frighteningly, the most common source is performing surgery on the wrong body part. Other instances can include accidental incisions, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address problems emerge after the procedure.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people in the United States die annually because of medication errors. Examples can include not taking a record of the patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving an incorrect dosage or neglecting to identify interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a substantial factor in the opioid crisis in the U.S.
Unnecessary medical care costs an estimated $210 billion annually. John Hopkins Medicine surveyed 2,106 physicians and found that doctors themselves are under the impression that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- More than a fifth of all medical treatment
Unneeded care can lead to surgical mistakes, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Approximately 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States experience a serious birth injury Annually. Not appropriately monitoring the infant throughout delivery, not appropriately utilizing birthing procedures or not diagnosing a health issue of the mother during pregnancy are all instances of medical malpractice that can cause long-term or permanent consequences.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act established a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to shield and guarantee their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home institution or staff neglects those rights and the person you care about is consequently harmed, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them liable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
We all have an innate right to make choices for ourselves. When a healthcare institution fails to inform you of risks, or fails to secure your consent before a procedure, it is an outrageous breach of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the horrible repercussions a healthcare professional's or institution's neglect can cause, and the anger and grief that comes with discovering that your trust was broken. We hold careless doctors responsible and deliver our Boonville, MO clients the full compensation they deserve and require to move on and be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have extensive medical knowledge and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor violated the standard of care. Contact our medical malpractice lawyers in Boonville, MO today at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Browse the following links to see some of the latest successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have secured for our clients in Boonville, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficult to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, determination and prowess to deliver you the great financial recovery you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get working on your case right away
- Connect you with honest and competent physicians to finally get you the medical care you deserve
- Carry out a full investigation, including acquiring medical records, qualified testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Confer with our network of Boonville, MO medical experts to ascertain standard of care in your case, demonstrate how the treatment you were provided with was below standard and prove negligence
- Offer thoughtful, knowledgeable and honest legal advice
- Make sure you informed throughout your suit so you are not left in the dark and you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Manage every legal aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on healing
- Converse with with economic experts to determine precisely how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to court when the insurance company does not want to offer what you are owed in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Boonville, MO does not have access to the resources and legal know-how to combat the expensive defense teams of doctors and large insurance companies. That is why our Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay us anything until we get you the great financial recovery you are owed. We have pledged our careers to making certain that the injured and vulnerable in Boonville, MO have access to the highest form of legal representation, one that compares with and surpasses that of large hospitals. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to eliminate every impediment standing between you and justice.
Basic Requirements for a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every mistake committed by healthcare providers amounts to malpractice. In order to receive compensation for improper treatment in Boonville, MO, you must demonstrate four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you prove that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was determined. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is typically not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was negligent. You need to be able to prove that a capable physician in the same field, in the same geographical location treating the same medical problem, would not have committed the same mistake.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This is often hard to prove, as patients under a physician's care are customarily already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. This can include physical pain, a disability, additional medical bills, or loss of earning capacity.
In Missouri, you will also be required to offer an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your lawsuit, following Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that states that a) the doctor did not provide the treatment that a prudent healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence contributed to the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a large network of experienced and professional medical connections in Boonville and throughout Missouri who will help substantiate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Boonville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you collect generally falls into two categories: economic damages, which are meant to compensate you for the financial damages you have experienced because of a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which seek to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence led to an impairment that does not permit you to perform the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical costs, for example:
- Follow up appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or needed upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work relentlessly until you get every nickel that you are owed. We know that some injuries are impossible to really heal from, but we fight to make certain that your pain and suffering is alleviated.
Malpractice cases differ from other personal injuries in Missouri in two key manners. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239 in an effort to reduce insurance premiums for medical liability. The bill establishes "damage caps" on the amount you can recover in a medical malpractice case in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those limits are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Boonville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they affect your ability to function in your daily life and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you ascertain if your injury can be seen as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 says that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Boonville, MO?
If you or someone you care about were harmed by a physician's substandard care in Boonville, MO, it is crucial to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers at once. While most personal injury claims have a time limit of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice suits only have a time limit of two years, under Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been injured your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file your claim. There are three key exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor failed to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you love was a minor on the date of the negligent, you have until they turn 20.
Do not wait. Contact the Burger Law Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers now. We get started on your case right away and do not stop until you have been fully compensated . Waiting could bring difficulties to your case and could make it hard for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full consequences of your damages. Call Burger Law's Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Boonville, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a healthcare professional gave them substandard care. Burger Law's Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work tirelessly to get them the great results they need to be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let healthcare professionals, large corporations manipulate your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Boonville, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.