They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Creve Coeur, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Creve Coeur, Missouri. If you or someone you care about were injured because a physician did not provide you with the competent treatment that you deserved, call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great financial recoveries for the injured in Creve Coeur and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other medical professional in Creve Coeur, MO broke the rules. When we get medical attention, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our well-being — and at times even our lives — in capable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse illnesses or injuries as a consequence, believe in the accomplished and savvy Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to secure you justice and maximum financial compensation. Not only are we compassionate and devoted to the injured in Creve Coeur, MO, but we are more aggressive than the majority of law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the liable doctor to take accountability. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to know that we are serious and will accept nothing but the best possible financial recovery. Negligent health care can have devastating, life-long repercussions, and in the worst cases can even cause wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience standing up to bullies and getting great results for the injured, we have gotten our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a thoughtless doctor in Creve Coeur, MO, call Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much your claim may be worth by using our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Creve Coeur, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
A study by John Hopkins Medicine found that one in ten of all deaths in the U.S. are owing to medical error. Just one percent of doctors are responsible for about a third of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are permitted to continue practicing without any repercussions. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold negligent doctors to blame, you can be certain the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff collecting damages. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was paid out in medical malpractice lawsuits. You need dedicated and accomplished Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to ensure you are awarded the full financial recovery you are owed.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO Can Hold Accountable in Your Claim
We usually immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many people or institutions that may be culpable of medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice claims are frequently intricate; it may not be immediately clear who was to blame, or many parties might be accountable. The trustworthy and talented Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into your claim and make sure that each party that caused you injuries is held accountable for their careless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Creve Coeur, MO
Medical negligence occurs when a healthcare professional disobeys the standard of care, which is how a capable doctor in the same practice area and same geographic location would have care for your health problems. Our Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that happen in myriad ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice suits that take place in outpatient treatment. Roughly 12 million people in U.S. are misdiagnosed every year. Catching medical problems early on is often a deciding factor in getting the best possible results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can result in a delay to the care you seriously require to become healthier, or can result in inappropriate care that exacerbates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most deadly health conditions, such as:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most common medical malpractice case related to inpatient treatment. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical mistakes nationwide every year, and frighteningly, the most common instance is performing surgery on the wrong organ. Other instances can include accidental incisions, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like instruments being left inside the patient, infections or failure to treat difficulties surface after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die each year owing to mistakes when administering medication. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving an incorrect dosage or failing to recognize interactions with other drugs.
Another example of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a main contributor to the opioid crisis in the U.S.
Unnecessary medical care costs roughly $210 billion annually. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 doctors and discovered that physicians themselves are under the impression that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- More than one-fifth of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- Over a fifth of medical treatment in general
Unneeded care can cause surgical mistakes, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
An estimated 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States sustain a serious birth injury Every year. Not appropriately monitoring the child throughout delivery, not properly implementing birthing techniques or not identifying a health issue with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical malpractice that can result in long-term or lifelong consequences.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act put in place a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to protect and confirm their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home or its staff does not ensure those rights and your family member is hurt as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them responsible.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
We all have a basic right to make choices for ourselves. When a healthcare professional neglects to inform you of risks, or neglects to secure your consent before treatment, it is an appalling infringement on your rights.
At Burger Law, our Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the destructive consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's negligence can cause, and the exasperation and grief that comes with learning that your trust was broken. We hold at-fault doctors responsible and get our Creve Coeur, MO clients the full compensation they are owed and that they need to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical comprehension and will be able to discover exactly how your doctor breached the standard of care. Call our medical malpractice lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Take a look at the following links to see some of the latest victories Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have secured for our clients in Creve Coeur, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice claims are infamously difficult to win. That is why you need excellent medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, tenacity and prowess to win you the full compensation you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Start working on your claim right away
- Connect you with honest and competent physicians to finally get you the medical care you need
- Perform a complete investigation, including collecting medical records, professional testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Work with our team of Creve Coeur, MO medical experts to establish standard of care in your case, demonstrate how the care you were provided with was substandard and prove negligence
- Offer sympathetic, wise and direct legal advice
- Keep you informed throughout your suit so you are aware of what is going on and have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Oversee every legal aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on healing
- Confer with with economic experts to exactly value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company to secure you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to court when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most residents of Creve Coeur, MO does not have access to the resources and legal expertise to oppose the expensive defense teams of doctors and large insurance companies. That is why our Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay us any fees until we get you the great compensation you are owed. We have devoted our lives to ensuring that the injured and vulnerable in Creve Coeur, MO have access to the highest form of legal representation, one that compares with and exceeds that of large insurance companies. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to abolish every hindrance standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every mistake committed by medical professional amounts to malpractice. In order to receive compensation for improper treatment in Creve Coeur, MO, you must demonstrate four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you demonstrate that:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed. This means proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is generally not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was breached the standard of care. You need to be able to demonstrate that a capable doctor in the same practice area, in the same geographical location treating the same medical condition, would not have committed the same error.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This can often be difficult to prove, as patients under a doctor’s care are normally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. Instances can include physical pain, a disability, additional medical expenses, or loss of earning capacity.
In Missouri, you will also need to include an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your suit, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that says that a) the doctor did not offer the care that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence caused the alleged damages. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a massive network of accomplished and qualified medical connections in Creve Coeur and throughout Missouri who will help authenticate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Creve Coeur, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you get generally falls into two categories: economic damages, which seek to compensate you for the monetary damages you have sustained due to a doctor's negligence; and noneconomic damages, which look to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have affected your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if the medical negligence caused a disability that does not allow you to perform the duties of your job anymore
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Follow up appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical therapy
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or required improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work tirelessly until you get every dollar that you are owed. We know that you can never truly recover from some injuries, but we fight to make sure that you get justice.
Malpractice cases vary from other personal injuries in Missouri in two key manners. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an effort to lessen insurance premiums for medical liability. The bill set "damage caps" on the amount you can recover in a medical malpractice lawsuit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Creve Coeur, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are higher because they affect your ability to function in your daily life and to enjoy life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you establish if your injury can be viewed as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 says that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Creve Coeur, MO?
If you or a family member were harmed by a physician's substandard care in Creve Coeur, MO, it is vital to get in touch with medical malpractice lawyers immediately. While most personal injury claims have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice suits only have a statute of limitations of two years, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been injured your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three important exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor failed to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you love was under 18 at the time of the substandard care, you have until they turn 20.
Do not wait. Call the Burger Law Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers straight away. We get working on your case right away and do not rest until you collect full compensation . Waiting could bring difficulties to your suit and could make it tough for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full impacts of your damages. Call Burger Law's Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Creve Coeur, MO
No one deserves to have their life halted because a doctor was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in Creve Coeur, MO. We fight hard for our clients and work relentlessly to get them the great results they need to move forward with their lives. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let physicians, large corporations take advantage of your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Creve Coeur, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.