They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Desloge, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Desloge, Missouri. If you or someone you love were harmed because a healthcare professional did not offer you the adequate care that you were owed, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get the best possible compensation for our clients in Desloge and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a doctor, hospital or other medical professional in Desloge, MO did not respect your health. When we seek medical care, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our health — and occasionally even our lives — in dependable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse sickness or harm as a result, trust in the accomplished and talented Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to get you justice and full financial compensation. Not only are we sympathetic and dedicated to our Desloge, MO clients, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing lawsuits and not waiting around for the negligent doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to realize that we are persistent and will not take anything but the best possible financial recovery. Negligent health care can have destructive, permanent repercussions, and in the worst cases can even lead to wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience fighting back against bullies and getting the best possible results for our clients, we have won our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a family member has been harmed by a negligent doctor in Desloge, MO, reach out to Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers straight away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See the potential value of your claim by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Desloge, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Research by John Hopkins Medicine found that one in ten of all fatalities nationwide are because of medical error. Just one percent of doctors account for about a third of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any punishment. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold at-fault doctors to blame, you can be confident the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice lawsuits end with the plaintiff collecting compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was recovered in medical malpractice claims. You need dedicated and seasoned Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to ensure you get the best possible compensation you are owed.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Desloge, MO Can Hold Responsible in Your Case
We often automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many people or institutions that may be liable for medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice lawsuits are frequently complex; it may not be clear straight away who was at fault, or many parties may be liable. The trusted and talented Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will conduct a complete investigation into your case and make sure that every party that caused you harm is held accountable for their thoughtless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Desloge, MO
Medical negligence happens when a healthcare professional breaches the standard of care, which is how most doctors in the same field and same geographic location would have care for your health issue. Our Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that transpire in all sorts of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice suits that take place in out-of-hospital care. Roughly 12 million people in United States are misdiagnosed each year. Diagnosing health problems early on is critical in getting the best possible results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can lead to a delay to the care you desperately require to become healthier, or can cause incorrect care that exacerbates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most deadly health conditions, including:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice case related to inpatient care. There are at least 4,000 surgical mistakes nationwide annually, and frighteningly, the most common source is operating on an incorrect organ. Other examples can include accidental cuts, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like sponges remaining inside the patient, infections or failure to treat issues surface after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people in the U.S. die each year owing to medication errors. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving the wrong dosage or not identifying interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a principal factor in the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs an estimated $210 billion each year. John Hopkins Medicine surveyed 2,106 physicians and discovered that doctors themselves are of the opinion that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is unnecessary, including:
- More than a fifth of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- More than one-fifth of all medical care
Unnecessary care can cause surgical mistakes, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Approximately 6 to 8 out of a thousand children born in the United States suffer a serious birth injury Every year. Not properly observing the infant throughout delivery, not correctly utilizing birthing techniques or not diagnosing a health condition of the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical negligence that can cause long-term or lifelong health conditions.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act put in place a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to shield and ensure their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home or its staff shirks those rights and your loved one is harmed as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them accountable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has an innate right to make choices for ourselves. When a doctor fails to inform you of risks, or fails to secure your consent before a procedure, it is a horrible breach of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers have experience with every category of negligence suit. We know the destructive consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the anger and grief that comes with discovering that your trust was betrayed. We hold negligent doctors accountable and secure our Desloge, MO clients the maximum compensation they are owed and that they require to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical knowledge and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor violated the standard of care. Get in touch with our medical malpractice lawyers in Desloge, MO today at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Take a look at the links below to see some of the recent successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have gotten for our clients in Desloge, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are notoriously tough to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, persistence and skills to win you the best possible compensation you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Begin working on your claim straight away
- Connect you with honest and accomplished doctors to finally get you the medical care you are owed
- Conduct a full investigation, including gathering medical records, expert testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Converse with our team of Desloge, MO medical experts to corroborate standard of care in your case, show how the treatment you received was below standard and prove negligence
- Offer compassionate, knowledgeable and dependable legal advice
- Make sure you informed through the duration of your case so you are aware of what is going on and know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Manage every legal aspect of your case so you can focus on healing
- Converse with with economic experts to exactly value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company to win you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most people in Desloge, MO does not have access to the resources and legal comprehension to stand up to the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large hospitals. That is why our Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe us any fees until we get you the full financial recovery you are owed. We have dedicated our lives to ensuring that the injured and vulnerable in Desloge, MO have access to the highest quality legal representation, one that matches and exceeds that of large insurance companies. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to abolish every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every mistake carried out by medical professional amounts to malpractice. In order to collect compensation for negligent treatment in Desloge, MO, you must conclusively show four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you demonstrate that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was intiated. This means proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is generally very easy to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was breached the standard of care. You need to be able to show that a competent medical professional in the same field, in the same geographical location caring for the same medical condition, would not have committed the same mistake.
- The doctor’s breach of the standard of care directly caused you harm. This is often tough to prove, as patients under a doctor’s care are usually already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. This can include physical pain, a disability, additional medical expenses, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also need to include an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your claim, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that opines that a) the doctor did not give you the treatment that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the failure caused the alleged damages. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a large network of experienced and professional medical connections in Desloge and throughout Missouri who will help validate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Recover? | Desloge, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you get generally falls into two categories: economic damages, which seek to compensate you for the monetary loss you have experienced due to a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which look to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have affected your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if the medical negligence resulted in a disability that does not allow you to carry out the duties of your job anymore
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Subsequent doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or necessary upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work relentlessly until you get every penny that you are owed. We know that you can never fully heal from some injuries, but we fight to ensure that your pain and suffering is alleviated.
Malpractice cases differ from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of essential aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you navigate damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an effort to reduce insurance premiums for doctor's and hospitals. The bill puts in place "damage caps" on the amount you can collect in a medical malpractice lawsuit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Desloge, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they affect your ability to function in your daily life and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you ascertain if your injury can be viewed as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 states that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Desloge, MO?
If you or someone you care about were harmed by a healthcare professional's substandard care in Desloge, MO, it is vital to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers immediately. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice claims only have a time limit of two years, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been injured your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file your claim. There are three notable exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor failed to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you care about was a minor on the date of the malpractice, you have until they turn 20.
There is no time to wait. Get in touch with the Burger Law Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers straight away. We get to work on your case right away and do not rest until you receive maximum compensation . Delaying could create difficulties for your case and could make it hard for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full consequences of your damages. Call Burger Law's Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers mow at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Desloge, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a physician gave them substandard care. Burger Law's Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work around the clock to get them the great results they need to recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let doctors, large corporations abuse your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.