They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Perryville, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Perryville, Missouri. If you or someone you love were harmed because a doctor did not give you the adequate treatment that you were owed, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get the best possible results for the vulnerable in Perryville and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other medical professional in Perryville, MO broke the rules. When we get medical care, we do so believing that we are placing our well-being — and sometimes even our lives — in dependable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse sickness or injuries as a consequence, believe in the seasoned and savvy Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to win you justice and a full compensation. Not only are we compassionate and devoted to our Perryville, MO clients, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the liable doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to know that we are serious and will not take anything but a full financial recovery. Negligent health care can have catastrophic, life-long repercussions, and in the worst circumstances can even lead to wrongful death.
In our three decades of experience pushing back against bullies and getting great results for the injured, we have gotten our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a careless doctor in Perryville, MO, get in touch with Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much your claim may be worth by using our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Perryville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Research by John Hopkins Medicine found that one-tenth of all deaths in the U.S. are due to medical error. Just one percent of physicians are responsible for almost a third of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are permitted to continue practicing without any repercussions. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold negligent doctors responsible, you can be confident the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff recovering compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was recovered in medical malpractice lawsuits. You need dedicated and veteran Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you collect the best possible financial recovery you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Perryville, MO Can Hold Accountable in Your Claim
We frequently automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many people or institutions that may be to blame for medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice lawsuits are often complicated; it may not be clear right away who was to blame, or many people could be responsible. The dependable and skilled Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into your injuries and make certain that each party that caused you harm is held responsible for their reckless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Perryville, MO
Medical negligence transpires when a healthcare professional violates the standard of care, which is how most doctors in the same practice area and same geographic location would have treated your health issue. Our Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that take place in a variety of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice suits that take place in outpatient treatment. Roughly 12 million people in United States are misdiagnosed every year. Diagnosing health issues early on is significant in achieving the most favorable outcome for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can cause a delay to the care you acutely need to get better, or can lead to unsuitable care that worsens your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most deadly health conditions, for example:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical errors are the most common medical malpractice claim when it comes to inpatient care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical mistakes in the U.S. annually, and frighteningly, the most common instance is operating on an erroneous organ. Other examples can include accidental incisions, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address difficulties show up after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die every year owing to mistakes when administering medication. Examples can include not taking a record of the patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving an incorrect dosage or not recognizing interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies have found that overprescribing is a major factor in the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs about $210 billion each year. John Hopkins Medicine surveyed 2,106 doctors and learned that doctors themselves are of the opinion that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is unnecessary, including:
- Over one-fifth of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- Over one-tenth of procedures
- More than a fifth of all medical treatment
Unnecessary treatment can result in surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
About 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States suffer a serious birth injury each year. Not properly observing the infant throughout birth, not properly utilizing birthing techniques or not diagnosing a health issue of the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical negligence that can lead to long-term or lifelong consequences.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act established a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to protect and ensure their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home or its staff neglects those rights and your family member is harmed as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them accountable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has an innate right to make choices for ourselves. When a healthcare institution does not inform you of risks, or neglects to obtain your consent before treatment, it is a serious infringement on your rights.
At Burger Law, our Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have experience with every type of malpractice claim. We know the catastrophic repercussions a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the exasperation and sorrow that accompanies discovering that your trust was broken. We hold at-fault doctors responsible and win our Perryville, MO clients the full financial recovery they are owed and that they require to move on and be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical knowledge and will be able to discover precisely how your doctor breached the standard of care. Reach out to our medical malpractice lawyers in Perryville, MO straight away at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Check out the links below to see some of the recent victories Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have secured for our clients in Perryville, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice claims are infamously tough to win. That is why you need excellent medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, persistence and skills to secure you the maximum compensation you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Begin working on your case straight away
- Connect you with honest and competent doctors to finally get you the medical attention you need
- Conduct a full investigation, including collecting medical records, professional testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Confer with our network of Perryville, MO medical experts to ascertain standard of care in your case, demonstrate how the treatment you were provided with was not up to the standard and prove negligence
- Offer sympathetic, knowledgeable and direct legal advice
- Make sure you informed through the duration of your suit so you are not left in the dark and you know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Handle every legal aspect of your case so you can spend your energy on healing
- Work with with economic experts to precisely value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters to secure you a full settlement offer
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company does not want to offer what you deserve in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most residents of Perryville, MO does not have access to the resources and legal savvy to oppose the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large hospitals. That is why our Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. We charge no attorneys fees until we get you the full financial recovery you are owed. We have dedicated our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Perryville, MO have access to the highest form of legal representation, one that equals and surpasses that of large hospitals. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to abolish every impediment standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error committed by medical institution or physician constitutes malpractice. In order to receive compensation for improper treatment in Perryville, MO, you must prove four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was intiated. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is usually not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was violated the standard of care. You need to be able to show that a capable physician in the same field, in the same geographical location caring for the same health condition, would not have committed the same mistake.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This can often be tough to prove, as patients being treated by a doctor are usually already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient harm that they need to be compensated for. Examples include physical pain, impairment, additional medical costs, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also be required to provide an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your suit, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that says that a) the doctor did not provide the care that a prudent healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence contributed to the alleged harm. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a massive network of experienced and professional medical connections in Perryville and throughout Missouri who will help confirm your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Perryville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you receive typically falls into two categories: economic damages, which seek to compensate you for the financial damages you have undergone owing to a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which are intended to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence led to an impairment that does not permit you to perform the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Follow up appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical therapy
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or required improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every cent that you are owed. We know that you can never truly heal from some injuries, but we fight to make certain that you get justice.
Malpractice cases vary from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of essential aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an effort to lower insurance premiums for medical negligence. The bill puts in place "damage caps" on the amount you can be awarded in a medical malpractice case in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Perryville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they impact your ability to carry out basic tasks and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you ascertain if your injury can be viewed as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Perryville, MO?
If you or someone you care about were harmed by a physician's negligence in Perryville, MO, it is imperative to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers straight away. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice claims only have a time limit of two years, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that following an injury from medical negligence your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three notable exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor did not inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or your family member was a minor on the date of the negligent, you have until they turn 20.
Do not wait. Call the Burger Law Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers straight away. We begin working on your case right away and do not rest until you recover maximum compensation . Delaying could create complications your claim and could make it tough for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full impacts of your damages. Call Burger Law's Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Perryville, MO
No one deserves to have their life halted because a physician was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers comprise the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in Perryville, MO. We fight hard for our clients and work around the clock to get them the great results they need to move forward with their lives. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last 30 years fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let physicians, large corporations take advantage of your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Perryville, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.