They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Rogersville, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Rogersville, Missouri. If you or a family member were harmed because a healthcare professional did not give you the adequate care that you were owed, call Burger Law straight away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great financial recoveries for the injured and vulnerable in Rogersville and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a physician, medical institution or other healthcare professional in Rogersville, MO disregarded your health. When we search out medical treatment, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our well-being — and at times even our lives — in capable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse sickness or injuries as a consequence, believe in the seasoned and savvy Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to get you justice and full financial compensation. Not only are we understanding and dedicated to our Rogersville, MO clients, but we are more aggressive than the majority of law firms in filing lawsuits and not waiting around for the at-fault doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to understand that we are driven and will accept nothing but the best possible compensation. Negligent health care can have terrible, permanent repercussions, and in the dire circumstances can even result in wrongful death.
In our three decades of experience fighting back against bullies and getting great results for the injured, we have secured our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or someone you care about has been hurt by a thoughtless medical professional in Rogersville, MO, reach out to Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers straight away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much compensation you may be able to collect by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Rogersville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
A study by John Hopkins Medicine found that one-tenth of all deaths in the U.S. are because of medical error. Just one percent of doctors are responsible for nearly a third of medical malpractice lawsuits. Too often, negligent doctors are permitted to keep practicing without any repercussions. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold liable doctors responsible, you can be sure the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff receiving compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was recovered in medical malpractice cases. You need dedicated and seasoned Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you are awarded the best possible compensation you are owed.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Rogersville, MO Can Hold Accountable in Your Case
We frequently automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be to blame for medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice lawsuits are typically complex; it may not be clear right away who was accountable, or many parties might be at fault. The trusted and skilled Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a complete investigation into your case and ensure that each party that caused you injuries is held responsible for their reckless behavior.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Rogersville, MO
Medical negligence transpires when a healthcare professional breaks the standard of care, which is how most doctors in the same practice area and same geographic location would have treated your health issue. Our Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that happen in myriad ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice lawsuits that take place in outpatient care. About 12 million people in U.S. are misdiagnosed each year. Catching health issues early on is often a deciding factor in achieving the most favorable results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can lead to a delay to the care you acutely require to get better, or can result in unsuitable treatment that exacerbates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most grave health conditions, for example:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice case related to in-hospital care. There are at least 4,000 surgical mistakes nationwide every year, and frighteningly, the most common instance is performing surgery on an erroneous organ. Other instances can include accidental incisions, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address difficulties arising from the procedure.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die annually due to medication errors. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving an incorrect dosage or neglecting to identify interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a major contributor to the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs roughly $210 billion every year. John Hopkins Medicine surveyed 2,106 physicians and discovered that physicians themselves are of the opinion that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- More than a fifth of prescription medications
- Almost a quarter of medical tests
- Over a tenth of procedures
- 20.6 percent of all medical treatment
Unneeded treatment can lead to surgical mistakes, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Roughly 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States suffer a serious birth injury each year. Not properly observing the infant throughout birth, not appropriately utilizing birthing techniques or not diagnosing a health problem with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical malpractice that can lead to long-term or lifelong health conditions.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act created a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to protect and ensure their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home institution or staff disregards those rights and your family member is consequently harmed, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them responsible.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has an innate right to make choices for ourselves. When a healthcare institution fails to inform you of risks, or does not acquire your consent before treatment, it is a serious infringement on your rights.
At Burger Law, our Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the terrible consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the exasperation and sorrow that accompanies discovering that your trust was broken. We hold careless doctors to blame and win our Rogersville, MO clients the great financial recovery they deserve and need to move on and be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have extensive medical knowledge and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor violated the standard of care. Call our medical malpractice lawyers in Rogersville, MO right away at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Check out the links below to see several of the latest successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have secured for our clients in Rogersville, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice claims are infamously tough to win. That is why you need exceptional medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, perseverance and talent to secure you the best possible financial recovery you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get started on your claim straight away
- Connect you with trustworthy and capable physicians to finally get you the medical care you need
- Carry out a full investigation, including collecting medical records, expert testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Converse with our network of Rogersville, MO medical experts to substantiate standard of care in your case, show how the treatment you were provided with was below standard and prove negligence
- Offer empathetic, informed and straightforward legal counsel
- Keep you informed through the duration of your lawsuit so you are not left in the dark and you know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Manage every legal aspect of your case so you can spend your energy on recovering
- Work alongside with economic experts to precisely value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters to deliver you the best possible settlement offer
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Rogersville, MO does not have access to the resources and legal comprehension to fight the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large corporations. For that reason, our Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe us any fees until we get you the best possible compensation you are owed. We have pledged our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Rogersville, MO have access to the highest form of legal representation, one that rivals and eclipses that of large insurance companies. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to remove every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error carried out by healthcare institution or physician amounts to malpractice. In order to be awarded a financial recovery for negligent treatment in Rogersville, MO, you must demonstrate four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you demonstrate that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was determined. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is usually not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was negligent. You need to be able to demonstrate that a competent doctor in the same practice area, in the same geographical location caring for the same medical condition, would not have made the same mistake.
- The doctor’s negligence directly caused you injured. This is often hard to prove, as patients being treated by a physician are normally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient harm that they need to be compensated for. Instances can include physical pain, a disability, additional medical expenses, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also need to provide an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your suit, under Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a a medical professional in the same practice area that states that a) the doctor did not provide the treatment that a prudent healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence contributed to the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a massive network of accomplished and qualified medical connections in Rogersville and throughout Missouri who will help verify your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Rogersville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you get usually falls into two categories: economic damages, which are intended to compensate you for the monetary loss you have sustained because of a doctor's negligence; and noneconomic damages, which look to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have affected your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence led to an impairment that does not allow you to perform the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical costs, such as:
- Follow up appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical therapy
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or needed improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every penny that you deserve. We know that you can never really recover from some injuries, but we fight to make certain that you get justice.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of key aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you maneuver damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an attempt to reduce insurance premiums for medical negligence. The bill enforces "damage caps" on how much you can be awarded in a medical malpractice claim in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Rogersville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The limits for catastrophic injuries are greater because they impact your ability to function in your daily life and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you ascertain if your injury can be viewed as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Rogersville, MO?
If you or someone you care about were hurt by a doctor's negligence in Rogersville, MO, it is vital to get in touch with medical malpractice lawyers at once. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice claims only have a statute of limitations of two years, under Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that following an injury from medical negligence your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three notable exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor neglected to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you care about was a minor at the time of the negligent, you have until they turn 20.
There is no time to delay. Contact the Burger Law Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers now. We begin working on your case at once and do not stop until you have been fully compensated . Waiting could bring difficulties to your case and could make it difficult for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full consequences of your damages. Call Burger Law's Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Rogersville, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a physician gave them substandard care. Burger Law's Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers comprise the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work tirelessly to get them the great results they need to recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last 30 years fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let physicians, large hospitals abuse your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Rogersville, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.