When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Desloge, MO. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you deserve a full financial recovery for your damages. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Desloge, MO. The committed and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Desloge, MO demand fair recoveries for the injured and their families. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. In our decades of experience as a Desloge, MO injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Desloge, MO. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Desloge, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a confident medical malpractice lawyer in Desloge, MO who will fearlessly litigate and negotiate until you get a great settlement. Burger Law's Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers fight until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is imperative for you to choose a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Desloge, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel every step of the way. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Desloge, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Desloge, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. For your medical malpractice case, your Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Desloge, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Desloge, MO can help. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Desloge, MO.
As your Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you experienced injuries. Your Desloge, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: The last component your Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you choose an experienced Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and fight for your recovery in your medical malpractice case. As your Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works relentlessly to prove your case. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have negatively affected your life. With the help of our powerful and skilled Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete years of academic work in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to errors in medical treatment. Our experienced team of Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Desloge, MO, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most difficult cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Desloge, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you find that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Our Desloge, MO medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while in the professional's care, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: It is well known that surgery can be risky and dangerous. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. Most surgeons and surgical staff are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left inside the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Desloge, MO right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Desloge, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Desloge, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Desloge, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.