When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers St. Peters, MO. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you deserve compensation to allow you to move beyond your injuries. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in St. Peters, MO. The fierce and experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in St. Peters, MO are dedicated to fighting for the injured and their families. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We hold them accountable. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in St. Peters, MO. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
St. Peters, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in St. Peters, MO who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Our St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is paramount for you to choose a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's St. Peters, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Peters, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers St. Peters, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. In a case of medical malpractice, your St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the four legal requirements of a St. Peters, MO medical malpractice claim. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in St. Peters, MO comes in. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers have spent decades litigating and trying cases like yours to hone our ability to represent you. Your St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in St. Peters, MO.
As your St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we know how to prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, in your medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were damaged. Your St. Peters, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: Lastly, your St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to choose an experienced St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and fiercely negotiate your medical malpractice case. As your St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works relentlessly to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have harmed you. With the help of our powerful and skilled St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do cases of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo extensive education and clinical fieldwork before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Nurses and other medical support staff must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can receive a full recovery to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's St. Peters, MO medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most difficult cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in St. Peters, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice cases, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you discover that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Medical malpractice lawyers in St. Peters, MO are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: It is well known that surgery can be risky and dangerous. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons and surgical staff perform their job carefully and effectively, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Peters, MO right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Peters, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you must take action right away. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished St. Peters, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our St. Peters, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.