Posted by Gary Burger on July 23, 2019 in In the News
I write to ask for your vote for the Missouri Bar Board of Governors. If elected I will work to improve services the Bar provides to us lawyers and ensure issues that concern us are heard and promptly addressed.
The election begins Tomorrow – Friday, July 19 and ends on Thursday, August 15. Votes will be tabulated on August 15, 2019 once the electronic voting is closed.
Click here for the link to vote or put https://www.courts.mo.gov/election/bog.nsf into your browser.
After you log on to the website, you will enter your Missouri Bar number and PIN number and then follow the instructions for voting.
Here are some of my qualifications:
- I am a trial lawyer for 27 years and founder of Burger Law in downtown St. Louis.
- For 20 years I have run a small- to medium-sized firm dedicated to zealous representation of injury victims and their families.
- I am a Board and Executive Committee Member of Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, a member of the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, and a member of the Missouri Supreme Court Intervention Committee under Rule 16.
- I have been chosen as a Superlawyer for a long time, am a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and recipient of other professional recognitions. I am AV rated by LexisNexis and Martindale-Hubbell, Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy and Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and admitted to practice in Missouri and Illinois, the Missouri Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th and 8th Circuits and various Federal District Courts.
- I am a member of Illinois and Missouri Bar Associations, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and the American Association for Justice, and winner of 2018 second highest jury verdict in Missouri.
- I grew up in the St. Louis area and graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia and Washington University School of Law. I live in St. Louis with my wife, kids and dogs. I am an avid scuba diver and bee keeper, and have other interests.
- I am a former Chairman of the Missouri Lawyers Assistance Committee and member of the Missouri Lawyers Regional Disciplinary Committee.
- I created and co-host a podcast called Lawyer v Lawyer, which provides advice, trial tips, and discussions on real-life litigation situations by and for practicing lawyers with Debbie Champion.
- I speak at and host Continuing Legal Education courses for fellow lawyers. I volunteer in the community as well.
I would appreciate your vote. Thank you.