Nursing Home Negligence Attorney De Soto, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in De Soto, MO. Take the first step toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our De Soto, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in De Soto, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in De Soto, MO will begin working to get you the recovery you are entitled to straight away.
We trust nursing homes to care for our family members when they are vulnerable. Sometimes they betray that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The De Soto, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your family member collect the full recovery you are owed to help secure your future and help you heal whole again. Call us today at or contact us online so we can begin working on your case straight away. For more than twenty years, De Soto, MO residents have trusted us with their claims and insurance companies now fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one may require special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to offer them adequate care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can happen either owing to administrative negligence or as a result of the actions or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not conduct adequate background checks before hiring a staff member, and some nursing homes are too understaffed to provide adequate care. When nursing home workers are negligent and cause harm to your loved one, you need a veteran nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you heal.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and employees to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and not doing so is by itself an act of negligence. The sympathetic and accomplished nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold De Soto, MO nursing homes and their employees accountable when they disregard the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From constructing your case to documenting to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in De Soto, MO has the knowledge required to help you win your case. If the negligent party is not willing to pay the compensation you and your loved one deserve, we will fearlessly bring your fight to trial. We continually hone our trial and litigation skills and will insist to juries that you collect the money you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The knowledgeable De Soto, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every category of nursing home negligence case, and have the talent and experience to get you the best possible compensation and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores can also be referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents sustained bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, presented as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin exposing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The most common stage is stage 2, and the most common place where nursing home residents experience bedsores is on their lower back, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you notice that a family member living in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, contact a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when blood flow is cut off to a part of the skin for over two or three hours, and are extremely common in people in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. De Soto, MO nursing homes should examine their patients’ skin on a daily basis, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages every day. Neglecting to do so constitutes nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical treatment at once. Any nursing home resident who is immobile or confined to a wheelchair or bed needs to have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has suffered from any stage of bedsore as a result of nursing home negligence, you need the skilled nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight for you to make sure you collect the full compensation you and your loved one are entitled to.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with the entirety of their De Soto, MO residents’ well-being, and that includes. Like every human, the elderly need positive social interaction to flourish. Nursing homes can be a magnificent way for residents to make new friends in their golden years. However, administrators or employees stopping residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can transpire if they unintentionally leave vulnerable residents by themselves, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or fail to move residents with extreme mobility or mental limitations. If your family member has been refused the social interaction that every human needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our committed and empathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family collect a full financial recovery. As your De Soto, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our expertise and experience to investigate, establish and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
Instances of that are neglecting to keep the nursing home at a suitable temperature, not sanitizing the rooms or common areas often or not providing adequate, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident needs medicine it must be given at the scheduled time, each time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly give medication is a form of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your family member the medicine and treatment they need, you need the expertise and experience of Burger Law’s De Soto, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Discuss your suit with us right away at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a De Soto, MO nursing home who became very sick or passed away because of COVID-19, you might be wondering if it is an instance of nursing home negligence. It is possible, and it is a good idea to reach out to one of our De Soto, MO nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at to become aware of your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their workers did not respect the rules concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are new for much of the general population, nursing homes have been required to have guidelines in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal regulations which include:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow infected staff from coming to the premises
- Sanitize the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles regularly
- Provide sufficient personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a expert and accomplished De Soto, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your loved one’s nursing home at once to obtain their records specifying how they managed infected residents and staff. If we find they were negligent, we will be at your side and demand that you get the best possible compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney De Soto, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a lot of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be assigned to neglect, sometimes administrators or employees break the rules even further and cause purposeful harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies responsible for this despicable conduct and fight on your behalf until you get the full recovery you and your loved one deserve to help make you whole again.
Instances of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are intentionally causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Contact a Burger Law De Soto, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at heightened risk of becoming victims of theft and fraud. Criminal nursing home employees might steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or influence them into altering their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also a lot of scams and frauds that take advantage of nursing home residents, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then saying they need money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect your family from financial exploitation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who stays in a nursing home in De Soto, MO, you might feel apprehensive that they are not getting the attentive care they deserve. There are several warning signs that you can be aware of to make certain your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you detect any of the warning signs below and think your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or broken bones
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate money in their account
As many De Soto, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they age, these symptoms are do not always indicate nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential signs it is essential to speak with your loved one and inquire about the care they are getting. Call an experienced and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you determine if your loved one is receiving the care they deserve or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them responsible. As a leading De Soto, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law fight the tough cases and do not rest until our clients get every cent they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in De Soto, MO
Fortunately, there are several outlets for finding assistance if a family member is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in De Soto, MO. The veteran and knowledgeable nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this trying time and provide you and your loved one with passionate support, sound direction and tenacious representation throughout the duration of your nursing home negligence claim.
In De Soto, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will be required to answer the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The name and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you think is suffering from neglect, of the suspected perpetrator and of anybody who may possess more information about the neglect
- The incidents that led you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially manipulated with as many specifics as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing neglect is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they visit the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you believe or discover that your family member is being abused and injured in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you need to reach out to to an experienced and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the De Soto, MO area immediately. Our knowledgeable nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to win a full recovery for you and your family. Let us start fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The De Soto, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a great thing that there are institutions that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also vitally important that you reach out to a skilled and seasoned De Soto, MO nursing home negligence lawyer straight away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every type of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home workers break that are meant to keep our loved ones safe and we know how to hold careless rule breakers responsible, letting you receive the compensation you are owed. We have unsurpassed trial and litigation skills and will not stop fighting until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call or contact us online right away to talk to a dedicated De Soto, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are here to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you collect a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your De Soto, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.