Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Desloge, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Desloge, MO. Take action toward being compensated for the harm done to you or your loved one today; call our Desloge, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Desloge, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Desloge, MO will begin working to get you the compensation you are entitled to straight away.
We trust in nursing homes to protect our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they betray that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to happen on their premises. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Desloge, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your family member are awarded the maximum recovery you are entitled to to help secure your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can begin working on your case immediately. For more than twenty years, our Desloge, MO clients have trusted us with their damages and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member may require special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to afford them appropriate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can happen either as a result of negligence on the part of the administration or owing to the behavior or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not conduct adequate background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes are too short-staffed to provide proper care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause harm to your loved one, you need a experiences nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and employees to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and failing to do so is in itself a type of negligence. The empathetic and accomplished nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Desloge, MO nursing homes and their employees accountable when they do not respect the rules and abuse or neglect your loved one. From establishing your case to documenting to demanding full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Desloge, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the compensation you and your family are entitled to, we are not afraid to argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We persistently hone our trial and litigation skills and will insist to juries that you collect the money you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The accomplished Desloge, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have seen every variety of nursing home negligence case, and have the savvy and experience to maximize your recovery and help put your mind at ease.
Bedsores can also be referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents sustained bedsores. Bedsores progress in four stages, ordered by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, appearing as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The most common stage is stage 2, and the most common place where nursing home residents experience bedsores is on their lower back, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can last anywhere from a few days to over a year, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you discover that a loved one residing in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, call to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when blood flow is obstructed to the area in excess of two or three hours, and are especially common in people in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. Desloge, MO nursing homes should check their patients’ skin daily, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages on a daily basis. Neglecting to do so constitutes nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical care right away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed needs to have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has suffered from any stage of bedsore as a result of nursing home negligence, you need the accomplished nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you receive the maximum compensation you and your loved one deserve.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with their resident's entire health, and that includes. Like any human, the elderly need positive social interaction to thrive. Nursing homes can be a tremendous way for residents to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees preventing residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can occur if they inadvertently isolate vulnerable residents, fail to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or fail to move residents with extreme mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has been refused the social interaction that everyone needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at and our devoted and empathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family collect a full financial recovery. As your Desloge, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our savvy and experience to investigate, construct and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can include failing to keep the nursing home at a proper temperature, not disinfecting the rooms or common areas often or not providing adequate, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident requires medicine it must be given at the appropriate time, each time, and in the correct dosage. Failure to properly give medication is a type of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its employees do not give your loved one the medicine and care they need, you need the expertise and experience of Burger Law’s Desloge, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Discuss your suit with us now at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a Desloge, MO nursing home who became very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you might be thinking about if that is an example of nursing home negligence. It can be, and it is a good idea to get in touch with one of our Desloge, MO nursing home negligence attorneys right away at to understand your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their staff broke the rules concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 rules are new for much of the general population, nursing homes have been required to have protocols in place for stopping the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal laws which are:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Enact an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prohibit sick workers from coming to work
- Sanitize the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles often
- Provide sufficient personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak happens. Too many times personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a talented and experienced Desloge, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will reach out to your family member's nursing home immediately to acquire their records specifying how they managed infected residents and workers. If we discover they were careless, we will fight by your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Desloge, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a lot of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be ascribed to negligence, sometimes administrators or staff break the rules to a greater extent and cause purposeful harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this repugnant conduct and fight on your behalf until you are awarded the full recovery you and your family member deserve to help make you whole again.
Cases of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are intentionally causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Desloge, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, insulting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of becoming targets of theft and scams. Abusive nursing home employees could steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or influence them into changing their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also a lot of scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who stays in a nursing home in Desloge, MO, you might worry that they are not getting the proper care they deserve. There are certain warning signs that you can be aware of to ensure your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you detect any of the warning signs listed and are worried your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know they have sufficient money
As many Desloge, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face worsening health as they get older, these warning signs are do not always indicate nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential indications it is vital to talk to your loved one and ask them about the care they are getting. Reach out to an experienced and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you ascertain if your loved one is receiving the treatment they are entitled to or if the nursing home employees have been negligent. If anyone has disregarded the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will make them atone for their actions. As a leading Desloge, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law take on the tough cases and work around the clock until our clients get every dollar they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Desloge, MO
Fortunately, there are a lot of avenues for finding assistance if a loved one is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Desloge, MO. The experienced and skilled nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this difficult time and provide you and your family with genuine support, sound direction and aggressive representation throughout your entire nursing home negligence lawsuit.
In Desloge, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or visit health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will have to answer the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you feel is suffering from neglect, of the suspected offender and of anyone who could have more information about the negligence
- The conditions that led you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many specifics as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing neglect is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are making the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you want to be contacted again
Disclose any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the investigation. When you feel or learn that your loved one is being mistreated and injured in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you must contact to an experienced and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Desloge, MO area immediately. Our talented nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to win a full recovery for you and your family. Let us begin fighting for justice and the best possible compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Desloge, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a wonderful thing that there are organizations that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also vitally important that you get in touch with a talented and seasoned Desloge, MO nursing home negligence lawyer immediately. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every sort of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the regulations nursing home employees break that are designed to keep our loved ones safe and we understand how to hold negligent rule breakers responsible, allowing you to receive the compensation you deserve. We have unparalleled trial and litigation abilities and will not stop until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call or contact us online straight away to speak with a committed Desloge, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the second you hire us until the day you are fully compensated for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your Desloge, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.