Get justice for your loved one today
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Lemay, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Lemay, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Lemay, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Lemay, MO at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Lemay, MO will begin fighting to get you the recovery you are entitled to immediately.
We entrust nursing homes to care for our family members when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they betray that trust by committing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Lemay, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your loved one collect the maximum compensation you are owed to help protect your future and help you feel whole again. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online so we can get to work on on your case immediately. For more than two decades, our Lemay, MO clients have put their damages in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies now fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your family member might need special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to give them adequate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can occur either because of administrative negligence or because of the actions or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not perform adequate background checks before hiring an employee, and some nursing homes do not have enough staff to provide adequate care. When nursing home staff are negligent and cause harm to your loved one, you need a knowledgeable nursing home negligence attorney in your corner to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and employees to report whenever they see or suspect nursing home abuse or negligence, and failing to do so is in itself an act of negligence. The caring and experienced nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Lemay, MO nursing homes and their employees responsible when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your family member. From building your case to litigating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Lemay, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party refuses to pay the compensation you and your family are owed, we will not hesitate to bring your fight to trial. We constantly hone our trial and litigation skills and will insist to juries that you collect the money you deserve.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The knowledgeable Lemay, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have fought every type of nursing home negligence case, and have the talent and experience to get you the best possible recovery and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores are also called pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores occur in four stages, ordered by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, appearing as a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin exposing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
Most bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can last months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you find out that a loved one living in a nursing home is experiencing bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Bedsores occur when blood flow is impeded to the area in excess of two or three hours, and are extremely common in people who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. Lemay, MO nursing homes should check their patients’ skin daily, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages on a daily basis. Not doing so represents nursing home negligence. Any red spots need to receive medical care right away. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed needs to have their position changed every two hours. If your family member has suffered from any stage of bedsore because of nursing home negligence, you need the accomplished nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight alongside you to make sure you receive the maximum recovery you and your loved one deserve.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with their resident's entire well-being, including their social and emotional well-being. Like all humans, the elderly need positive social interaction to thrive. Nursing homes can be a tremendous way for residents to meet new people in their golden years. However, administrators or employees hindering residents from interacting with others is a form of nursing home negligence. This can happen if they inadvertently isolate vulnerable residents, fail to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or forget to move residents with extreme mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has not gotten the social interaction that every human needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT and our committed and compassionate nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family are awarded a complete financial recovery. As your Lemay, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our knowledge and experience to investigate, construct and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
Examples of that are failing to keep the nursing home at an appropriate temperature, not sanitizing the rooms or common areas frequently or not providing sufficient, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident needs medicine it must be given at the appropriate time, every time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly give medication is a form of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its workers do not give your loved one the medication and attention they need, you need the expertise and experience of Burger Law’s Lemay, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Discuss your claim with us today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a loved one in a Lemay, MO nursing home who became very sick or died because of COVID-19, you might be thinking about if that is an instance of nursing home negligence. It can be, and it is a good idea to reach out to one of our Lemay, MO nursing home negligence attorneys right away at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their employees broke the rules with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have had a obligation to have practices in place for stopping the spread of infectious diseases for a long time. They have to comply with federal regulations which include:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Enact an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prohibit sick staff from coming to the premises
- Sanitize the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles frequently
- Provide sufficient personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves in the event of an outbreak. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not changed between visits to other residents
When you hire a knowledgeable and seasoned Lemay, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your loved one’s nursing home right away to procure their records showing how they handled infected residents and staff. If we find they were negligent, we will fight by your side and demand that you get full compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Lemay, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a great deal of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be accredited to negligence, sometimes administrators or employees break the rules even more and cause deliberate harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this repugnant conduct and fight for you until you collect the best possible recovery you and your family member are entitled to to help you heal.
Cases of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are intentionally causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Lemay, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—especially someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States got citations for poorly handling accusations of sexual assault.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at increased risk of being targets of theft and fraud. Abusive nursing home workers may steal your family member's checkbook or credit card or exploit them into changing their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also a great deal of scams and frauds that prey on the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect your loved one from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a family member who stays in a nursing home in Lemay, MO, you might fear that they are not receiving the attentive care they deserve. There are several warning signs that you can be aware of to ensure your loved one is not suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you detect any of the warning signs listed and are worried your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at (314) 500-HURT now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know they have sufficient money
As many Lemay, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they get older, these warning signs are do not always signal nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential indications it is essential to speak with your family member and ask them about the care they are receiving. Contact a seasoned and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you judge if your loved one is receiving the attention they are entitled to or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them responsible. As a leading Lemay, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law take on the hard cases and work tirelessly until our clients get every cent they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Lemay, MO
Fortunately, there are many courses of action for finding help if a family member is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Lemay, MO. The experienced and knowledgeable nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this hard time and provide you and your family with passionate support, sound counsel and aggressive representation throughout the process of your nursing home negligence lawsuit.
In Lemay, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to answer the following questions to the best of your availability:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you believe is being neglected, of the alleged abuser and of anyone who may possess more information about the negligence
- The circumstances that caused you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing neglect is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they visit the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you are willing to be contacted again
Relay any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the investigation. When you think or find out that your family member is being abused and hurt in the nursing home or other facility where they reside, you have to reach out to to a veteran and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Lemay, MO area at once. Our knowledgeable nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to win a great recovery for you and your family. Permit us to start fighting for justice and full compensation for you today by calling us at (314) 500-HURT now.
The Lemay, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a wonderful thing that there are institutions that keep an eye on nursing home negligence and work to investigate complaints, it is also vitally important that you call a knowledgeable and experienced Lemay, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every type of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home staff break that are meant to keep our families safe and we know how to hold careless rule breakers accountable, allowing you to recover the compensation you are entitled to. We have exceptional trial and litigation capabilities and will not stop until you get the full compensation you deserve.
You do not owe us anything until we win your case. Call (314) 500-HURT or contact us online at once to speak with a dedicated Lemay, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain devoted to your family’s recovery from the instant you hire us until the day you are awarded a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have experienced. Call (314) 500-HURT to speak to your Lemay, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.