Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Pevely, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Pevely, MO. Take the first step toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Pevely, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Pevely, MO at or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Pevely, MO will begin working to get you the compensation you are entitled to right away.
We trust nursing homes to protect our loved ones when they are vulnerable. Sometimes they break that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to happen on their premises. When that happens, they need to atone for breaking the rules. The Pevely, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your loved one get the full compensation you are entitled to to help secure your future and get you started on the path to recovery. Call us today at or contact us online so we can begin working on your case immediately. For more than two decades, our Pevely, MO clients have trusted us with their damages and insurance companies know to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one might need special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. We trust in nursing homes to afford them sufficient care whatever their situation may be. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can occur either because of negligence on the part of the administration or because of the behavior or inaction of the nursing home workers. Some nursing homes do not conduct adequate background checks before hiring a worker, and some nursing homes are too understaffed to provide proper care. When nursing home employees are negligent and cause injury to your family member, you need a talented nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you recover.
Missouri Law obligates nursing home administrators and workers to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and failing to do so is by itself a type of negligence. The caring and experienced nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Pevely, MO nursing homes and their workers responsible when they do not respect the rules and abuse or neglect your loved one. From building your case to litigating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Pevely, MO has the skill required to help you win your case. If the negligent party refuses to pay the compensation you and your loved one are entitled to, we are not afraid to bring your fight to trial. We relentlessly work on our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you receive the money you are entitled to.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The veteran Pevely, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have fought every type of nursing home negligence case, and have the skill and experience to get you the best possible recovery and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores can also be referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores progress in four stages, determined by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A continuing redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin uncovering muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
The majority bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Recovery can last months or even years, depending on which stage the ulcer is in. If you find out that a family member staying in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at .
Bedsores occur when blood flow is impeded to a part of the skin in excess of two or three hours, and are particularly common in patients who are immobile and largely confined to a wheelchair or bed. Pevely, MO nursing homes should look at their patients’ skin on a daily basis, keep their skin clean and dry and change any bandages on a daily basis. Not doing so represents nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical care at once. Any nursing home resident who cannot move well or is limited to a wheelchair or bed should have their position changed every two hours. If your loved one has sustained any stage of bedsore due to nursing home negligence, you need the accomplished nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight for you to make sure you receive the full recovery you and your loved one deserve.
Social or Emotional Neglect
We trust nursing homes with their resident's entire well-being, including their social and emotional health. Like every human, the elderly need a positive social life to prosper. Nursing homes can be a tremendous way for residents to make new friends in their old age. However, administrators or employees not allowing residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can happen if they inadvertently leave vulnerable residents by themselves, fail to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or forget to move residents with extreme mobility or cognitive limitations. If your family member has not gotten the social interaction that everyone needs and is entitled to, call Burger Law today at and our dedicated and sympathetic nursing home negligence attorneys will fight until you and your family receive a full financial recovery. As your Pevely, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will utilize our expertise and experience to investigate, construct and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
This can mean failing to keep the nursing home at an appropriate temperature, not washing the rooms or common areas often or not providing sufficient, nourishing or safe food and water. If a resident requires medicine it must be provided at the appropriate time, each time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly give medication is an example of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its staff does not give your loved one the medication and care they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Pevely, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to hold the nursing home responsible. Talk through your suit with us right away at or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a Pevely, MO nursing home who grew very ill or passed away because of COVID-19, you might be thinking about if that is an instance of nursing home negligence. It is possible, and it is a good idea to reach out to one of our Pevely, MO nursing home negligence attorneys right away at to discuss your options if your loved one’s nursing home and their staff did not respect the rules in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are new for the majority of the general population, nursing homes have had a duty to have guidelines in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for a long time. They have to comply with federal rules which are:
- Isolate and quarantine infected residents from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Not Allow infected workers from coming to work
- Sanitize the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles routinely
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak happens. Too many times personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a skilled and accomplished Pevely, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your loved one’s nursing home immediately to procure their records detailing how they managed sick residents and staff. If we learn that they were careless, we will be at your side and demand that you get maximum compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Pevely, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a lot of mistreatment of individuals in nursing homes can be assigned to negligence, sometimes administrators or employees break the rules even further and cause non-accidental harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will hold those bullies accountable for this villainous behavior and fight for you until you get the full compensation you and your family member are entitled to to help you heal.
Examples of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are knowingly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Get in touch with a Burger Law Pevely, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at heightened risk of being targets of theft and scams. Abusive nursing home staff may steal your loved one's checkbook or credit card or exploit them into "updating" their will or assigning a strange power of attorney. There are also a lot of scams and frauds that exploit the elderly, including someone calling your family member, pretending to be you and then saying they need money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect your family from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who resides in a nursing home in Pevely, MO, you might fear that they are not receiving the attentive care they are entitled to. There are several warning signs that you can keep in mind to make sure your loved one is not going through nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you observe any of the warning signs below and are afraid your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate money in their account
As many Pevely, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face worsening health as they age, these warning signs are not always a sign of nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential symptoms it is vital to talk to your loved one and ask them about the attention they are getting. Reach out to an accomplished and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you verify if your loved one is getting the attention they are entitled to or if the nursing home staff has been negligent. If anyone has broken the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will make them pay for their actions. As a leading Pevely, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law take on the difficult cases and do not rest until our clients get every dime they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Pevely, MO
Fortunately, there are many outlets for finding assistance if a family member is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Pevely, MO. The seasoned and talented nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you during this trying time and provide you and your family with genuine support, sound counsel and aggressive representation throughout the duration of your nursing home negligence claim.
In Pevely, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will have to respond to the following questions as best you can:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you suspect is experiencing abuse, of the alleged offender and of anyone who may have more information about the abuse
- The incidents that influenced you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many particulars as possible
- Whether or not the person experiencing neglect is in urgent danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they know you are filing the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they go to the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you want to be contacted again
Communicate any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you think or learn that your loved one is being neglected and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they stay, you have to speak to an experienced and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Pevely, MO area straight away. Our talented nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to get a full recovery for you and your family. Let us begin fighting for justice and maximum compensation for you today by calling us at now.
The Pevely, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While it is a great thing that there are organizations that monitor nursing home negligence and work to investigate allegations, it is also vitally important that you reach out to a savvy and experienced Pevely, MO nursing home negligence lawyer at once. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have experience with every variety of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the laws nursing home staff break that are intended to keep our loved ones safe and we know how to hold thoughtless rule breakers accountable, allowing you to collect the compensation you deserve. We have unsurpassed trial and litigation skills and will not stop fighting until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call or contact us online today to speak with a devoted Pevely, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain dedicated to your family’s recovery from the moment you hire us until the day you get a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have sustained. Call to speak to your Pevely, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.