Personal Injury Attorney Bethany, MO
Personal injury attorney Bethany, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions in Bethany, MO? If so, you need to talk to a Bethany, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Bethany, MO personal injury claim. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle ending in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys do not stop pursuing a complete recovery for you.
If you or someone you love were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s recklessness in Bethany, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
When Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Bethany, state]?
Injuries occur, and they happen in a variety of circumstances in Bethany, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's recklessness and negligence can cause you harm, and when that takes place an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in Bethany, MO is here to fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Bethany, MO, and know exactly what to do to protect your future and get you the full compensation you are owed. Never settle before speaking to a Bethany, MO personal injury lawyer first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney after you sustain an injury:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Ongoing Care in Bethany, MO
If your injuries need assistive devices like crutches, will involve long-term physical therapy and treatments or impact your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury attorney in Bethany, MO so the full extent of your damages is paid for.
The Bethany, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury lawyers are more likely to receive the full medical care they need. Getting the right medical treatment also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s negligence, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and frequently have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Trying to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Trying to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Saying an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to a study by Forbes, insurance companies are less likely to deny claims when individuals procure a lawyer. They know they can prey on a lot of people, but a knowledgeable Bethany, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are serious about getting a complete financial recovery.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Bethany, MO Accident
Some people who act carelessly and negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Bethany, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable. If the other party is disputing fault, our personal injury attorney in Bethany, MO will take official depositions and investigate all the facts to prove negligence.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
Not every Bethany, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. Sometimes, multiple people can be liable. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from a big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for a personal injury attorney to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Bethany, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has an obligation to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. Examples include another motorist, a healthcare professional you established a doctor-patient relationship with or a property owner who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they did not hold up their end of the bargain. Was the Bethany, MO other motorist distracted? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, yet breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Bethany, MO doctor not refer you to a specialist when their treatment plan was not working? Did the property manager in Bethany, MO know of a loose wiring but blow off fixing it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in Bethany, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. In any personal injury case, you must prove that harm was done. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Bethany, MO personal injury lawyers will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Bethany, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the dedication, talent, knowledge, and experience to make sure you get the result you deserve. Frequently, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss continuous time off work. They behave nicely because they want you to settle quickly. That is why you should never settle a case prior to speaking to a Bethany, MO personal injury lawyer. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies will use to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and realize that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Bethany, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. They are afraid of us because they know we take on and win the tough cases.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your dedicated and determined Burger Law Bethany, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side every step of the way. We begin working on your case from the moment you hire us. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you informed throughout the entire legal process. When you hire our Bethany, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately and diligently gather evidence and record official statements from eyewitnesses and Bethany, MO experts. We comb through every facet of your case to ascertain negligence and calculate the exact dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Bethany, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in Bethany, MO?
Your Bethany, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Catastrophic injuries do not just affect your bank account, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out fundamental daily tasks in Bethany, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for compensation for two types of damages:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as emergency room bills, any surgeries, occupational therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a knee replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from the hours you lost out on because of your injuries, or your loss of earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning a living as you previously had.
- Property damage, such as your mechanics' bills or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the injury such as household services and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical appointments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning potential, your Bethany, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will utilize their network of medical professionals and economic experts to precisely value how much you need to be paid.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Bethany, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Bethany, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life, despite the fact that a resistant insurance company might try to downplay your noneconomic damages to minimize your payout. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are owed.
In claims concerning gross negligence or intentional harm, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Bethany, MO, we do it so they know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of Bethany, MO Personal Injury Cases?
Call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form to discuss the specifics of your case in Bethany, MO. Some of the common personal injury cases our Bethany, MO attorneys see are:
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Motor vehicle collisions are the most common sort of claims that Bethany, MO personal injury attorneyssee. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 more than 36,000 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the United States, and another 2.5 million were treated in emergency rooms, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, accounting for about 8 millions trips per year. Slip and falls account for 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and make up the most time off work.
While mistakes can happen in the medical world, Bethany, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still legally bound to a standard of care. When that standard is neglected, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Bethany, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one is taken from us too soon. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Bethany, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make certain that your financial future is protected and secure and that you receive the help you require.
Contact a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Bethany, MO
Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not take less than you deserve. Never settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and unwavering Bethany, MO personal injury lawyers ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review with one of our qualified personal injury attorneys in Bethany, MO.</p