Personal Injury AttorneyMarion, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Marion, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Marion, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys can ensure you get the legal help you deserve. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Selecting the right personal injury firm in Marion, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes special and general damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will cover this in more detail further down this page. Reach out to our firm and your Marion, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have an Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Marion, IL, injury victims. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker's compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in Marion, IL, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common injury cases we firm works with include:
Our Marion personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Marion, IL, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62922 area.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Marion, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Our Marion personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a skilled PI lawyer if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the skill-set you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Marion, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is essential to stay calm — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often estimated that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever go into a courtroom. Our Marion, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — our lawyers are not scared to take a claim to trial.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- Negligence Torts are the most common. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, dog bites, and others.
- Strict Liability torts are often very clear. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Our Marion, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual attorney.
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
- Truck Accident Law Firm in Illinois
- Car Crash Lawyer in Illinois
- Personal Injury Attorney in Illinois
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Marion, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Now
Accident claims usually rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows people to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Marion, IL, today for a consultation and case review.