Personal Injury AttorneyMurphysboro, IL
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Murphysboro, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law provide legal services to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area and beyond. It is important for our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Burger Law's Murphysboro, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys will ensure you get the legal help you need. Feel free to contact Burger Law now for more information.
Choosing the right personal injury firm near Murphysboro, IL, is an important decision. It is our job to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries. This includes general and special damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your Murphysboro, IL, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have an Injury Case?
Burger Law has won millions for Murphysboro, IL, personal injury victims. Many of these cases involve vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a broad case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Murphysboro, IL, will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury may lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common accident claims our firm works with include:
Our Murphysboro personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Murphysboro, IL, immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the 62966 area.
Damages for Personal Injury Claims
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. You may be able to get a quick and easy insurance payout (settlement). This can be tempting. However, it is important for our Murphysboro, IL, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses. Burger Law's Murphysboro personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help or legal assistance. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law consists of a team of personal injury attorneys who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, Burger Law has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Murphysboro, IL
It can be overwhelming if you are in an accident. It is important to stay calm and collected — here are a few tips to remember if you or a family member have been in a serious accident:
A frequently asked question is "Will my claim go to court." This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the claim is properly managed. It is often cited that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Our Murphysboro, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three typical types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- Intentional Torts consist of criminal behavior. This might include battery, assault, fraud, defamation, and other types of criminal activity.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. This may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Murphysboro, IL, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us today to speak with an actual attorney.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about fees. Our personal injury attorneys in Murphysboro, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible.
Get Help Today
Accident claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal representation you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Murphysboro, IL, now for a consultation and case review.