Personal Injury Attorney O'Fallon, MO
Personal injury attorney O'Fallon, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligent or reckless behavior in O'Fallon, MO? If so, you should talk to a O'Fallon, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Give the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team demands a full recovery while fighting for your rights in your O'Fallon, MO personal injury case. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in trial results and settlements for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury claim cannot undo the pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s recklessness in O'Fallon, MO, see how much your claim may be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO?
Injuries happen, and they unfortunately occur in a variety of circumstances in O'Fallon, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's recklessness and negligence can cause you harm, and when that happens an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in O'Fallon, MO is here to stand up and fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in O'Fallon, MO, and recognize exactly what to do to protect your future and get you the full compensation you are owed. Never settle prior to talking with a O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney after you sustain an injury:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Treatment in O'Fallon, MO
If your injuries call for assistive devices like crutches, will involve long-term physical therapy and treatments or impact your ability to work and earn a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury lawyer in O'Fallon, MO so the full scope of your damages is paid for.
The O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law also have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury attorneys are more likely to get the full medical treatment they need. Receiving the right medical treatment also boosts the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s reckless behavior, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will not be pleased if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are professionals when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering false sympathy
- Aiming to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Saying that your medical care was unnecessary
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when individuals hire an attorney. They realize they can take advantage of a lot of individuals, but an experienced O'Fallon, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are serious about getting a full financial recovery.
There is Disagreement Regarding Who Is At Fault in the O'Fallon, MO Accident
Some people who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a O'Fallon, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury attorney in O'Fallon, MO will take official depositions and investigate all the facts to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
On occasion, multiple people can be at fault, as not every O'Fallon, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. For example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and the establishment. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in O'Fallon, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has a duty to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. This can be another driver in a car, a doctor whose care you were under or a proprietor who needs to keep their property free of hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care neglected their obligation to act reasonably. Was the O'Fallon, MO other motorist distracted? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a O'Fallon, MO doctor not refer you to a specialist when their treatment plan was not working? Was the O'Fallon, MO landlord aware of a broken step on a stairs but blow off fixing it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in O'Fallon, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating losses is the last step to receiving compensation. That can be lost wages from time spent off work, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's O'Fallon, MO personal injury attorneys will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, experience, skill and dedication to make sure you get the case result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss more and more time off work. They act friendly because they want you to settle quickly. That is why you should never settle a case before speaking to a O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will throw at you to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and know that this is probably the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The O'Fallon, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. They fear us because they know we take on the tough cases and win.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer to be by your side every step of the way. We start working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you in the loop throughout the entire legal process. When you first hire our O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer team, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and interview eyewitnesses and O'Fallon, MO experts. We comb through every aspect of your case to ascertain negligence and calculate the exact dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured because of someone else's negligence or reckless actions in O'Fallon, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 establishes a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
Your O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Devastating injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your loved ones, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out fundamental day-to-day tasks in O'Fallon, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for compensation for two types of damages:
These damages are the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- All of your medical expenses related to the accident, such as emergency room bills, any surgeries, physical therapy and assistive devices such as crutches or wheelchairs. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from the hours you lost out on because of your injuries, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living as you previously had.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Other miscellaneous costs incurred because of the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical appointments.
. The O'Fallon, MO personal injury team at Burger Law uses a network of medical and financial experts to calculate the true cost of your economic damages, including adjusting for inflation while evaluating your future medical needs and earning potential.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in O'Fallon, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
While a resistant insurance company may try to downplay your noneconomic damages in an effort to minimize your payout, your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in O'Fallon, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life. We will insist that you get the complete compensation you are owed.
In cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct, punitive damages may also be available. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near O'Fallon, MO, we do it so they know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are Some Common Types of O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Cases?
Call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form to discuss the specifics of your case in O'Fallon, MO. Some of the common personal injury cases our O'Fallon, MO attorneys see are:
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Motor vehicle accidents are the most common kind of claims that O'Fallon, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 more than 36,000 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room trips in the US, accounting for about 8 millions trips per year. Slip and falls constitute 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and make up the most time off work.
While mistakes can happen in the medical field, O'Fallon, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still legally bound to a standard of care. When that standard is not met, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly compensate you for the passing of a loved one. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your O'Fallon, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make certain that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you get the help you need.
Contact a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in O'Fallon, MO
Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a meager offer from an insurance company, do not take less than you deserve. Never settle. Burger Law has experienced, tenacious and resolute O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your case.