Personal Injury Attorney Pettis County, MO
Personal injury attorney Pettis County, MO. Did another person’s reckless or negligent behavior cause a preventable accident? Did this accident seriously injure you or a loved one? If so, you need to speak with a Pettis County, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
The Burger Law legal team demands a full recovery while fighting for your rights in your Pettis County, MO personal injury case. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered more than $200 million in trial results and settlements for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle ending in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury claim cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident because of someone else’s carelessness in Pettis County, MO, see how much your claim might be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Pettis County, MO?
Injuries occur, and they unfortunately occur in a variety of situations in Pettis County, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's negligence can cause you harm, and when that takes place an accomplished and trustworthy Burger Law personal injury attorney in Pettis County, MO is here to stand up and fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Pettis County, MO, and understand precisely what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Do not settle prior to speaking to a Pettis County, MO personal injury attorney first.
In most instances, there are four reasons you should secure a personal injury lawyer after you were injured:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Care in Pettis County, MO
If your injuries call for assistive devices like crutches, will involve ongoing physical treatments and therapy or impact your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a personal injury attorney in Pettis County, MO so the full range of your damages is paid for.
The Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts, as well. Research by Insurance Research Institute showed that people who are represented by personal injury lawyers are more likely to receive the full medical treatment they need. Receiving the right medical treatment also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
Despite being obligated to pay you for their client’s negligence, insurance companies are after one thing – a profit. They want to pay you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will be upset if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to minimizing or denying claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Attempting to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Attempting to shift blame for the accident on you
- Telling you lies, such as:
- Telling you your medical care was unnecessary
- Telling you that they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you a lawyer will cost more money than they are worth
According to research by Forbes, insurance companies are far less likely to deny claims when people procure a lawyer. They know they can prey on a lot of individuals, but a knowledgeable Pettis County, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will let them know you are intent on getting complete compensation.
There is Disagreement Over Who Is At Fault in the Pettis County, MO Accident
Some people who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their actions. After all, if they admit they were at fault in a Pettis County, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. If the other party is disputing fault, a personal injury lawyer in Pettis County, MO will investigate all the facts and take official depositions to prove negligence. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
On occasion, multiple people can be at fault, as not every Pettis County, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. As an example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to sue both the drunk driver and the establishment. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Pettis County, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has an obligation to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. This can be another driver in a car, a healthcare professional you established a doctor-patient relationship with or a property owner who has an obligation to keep their property safe.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That the party with a duty of care failed or were negligent in that duty. Was the Pettis County, MO other motorist not looking before going through an intersection? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Pettis County, MO doctor not take your concerns seriously? Did the property manager in Pettis County, MO know of a broken step on a stairs but blow off repairs it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver in Pettis County, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. If you want to make a claim against someone, you must demonstrate that harm was done. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Pettis County, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, experience, skill and dedication to make sure you get the result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will attempt to take advantage of your anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss continuous time off work. They want you to settle quickly, so they behave like your friend. That is why you should always speak to a Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyer first before settling a case. We have seen every tactic in the book that insurance companies will throw at you to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and recognize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Pettis County, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. They are afraid of us because they know we take on the tough cases and win.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyer to be by your side every step of the way. We begin working on your case immediately. We handle all documentation, communication and litigation and will keep you in the loop throughout the entire legal process. When you hire our Pettis County, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and interview witnesses and Pettis County, MO experts. We comb through every facet of your case to ascertain negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Pettis County, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 establishes a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking compensation for an “injury to a person.”
What Kind of Compensation Can a Pettis County, MO Personal Injury Attorney Help Recover?
At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Your Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – financial and emotional. Devastating injuries do not just affect your bank account, they have an impact on your family, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out fundamental day-to-day tasks in Pettis County, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
In a Missouri personal injury claim you are generally eligible for compensation for two types of damages:
These compensate you for the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- Any medical bills you incurred because of the accident, such as emergency room bills, any surgeries, physical therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a joint replacement because of your injuries and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from the hours you lost out on because of your injuries, or your loss of earning potential if your injuries prevent you from earning a living the way you are used to.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if your cell phone was broken in a slip and fall.
- Out-of-pocket costs incurred because of the injury such as daycare and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical appointments.
. The Pettis County, MO personal injury team at Burger Law uses a network of financial and medical experts to calculate the true cost of your economic damages, including adjusting for inflation while evaluating your future medical needs and earning potential.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Pettis County, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Pettis County, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life, despite the fact that a resistant insurance company might try to downplay your noneconomic damages to minimize your payout. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you are owed.
In some cases of gross negligence or intentional harm in Pettis County, MO, you may also be able to receive punitive damages, which seek to punish the defendant and deter future recklessness. Punitive damages are only awarded in extreme cases that show wanton disregard for the safety of others, like drunk driving. Your Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyer will explain to you all of your legal options and demand that you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of Pettis County, MO Personal Injury Cases?
Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form to discuss the specifics of your case in Pettis County, MO. Some of the typical personal injury cases our Pettis County, MO attorneys see are:
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Motor vehicle wrecks are the most common type of claims that Pettis County, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 over 36,000 people died in auto accidents in the United States, and another 2.5 million were visited the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room trips in the US, making up about 8 millions trips per year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and make up the most time off work.
While errors can happen in the medical field, Pettis County, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still required to meet a standard of care. When that standard is not met, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Your Pettis County, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing can truly compensate you for the death of a loved one. There can be many causes of wrongful death, but your Pettis County, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help ensure that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you get the aid you require.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Pettis County, MO
Whether it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a paltry offer from an insurance company, do not take less than you deserve. Never settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and steadfast Pettis County, MO personal injury attorneys ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.