Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Ballwin, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Ballwin, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Ballwin, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to demand the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Ballwin, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may be unsure of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have discovered that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Ballwin, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Ballwin, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you collect a great recovery. We oversee all every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive effect on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to ensure you recover great compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just undergoing emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you the best possible compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Ballwin, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted dangerously and broke the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Ballwin, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive full compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Ballwin, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case right away to get you the full compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Ballwin, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of auto crash experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Ballwin, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property owner responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not properly monitoring you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Ballwin and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we demand great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Ballwin, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause motor vehicle accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Ballwin, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Ballwin, MO work environment was dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Ballwin, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Ballwin, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Ballwin, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to make sure you get the full recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your capacity to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Ballwin, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless actions. Our Ballwin, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to asses, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Ballwin, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Ballwin, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Ballwin, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial skills to get you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Ballwin, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can start working on your case right away.