Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Bethany, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Bethany, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with an expert lawyer in Bethany, MO about your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to demand the full recovery you are owed. Do not wait. Call Burger Law right away.
Bethany, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you are outraged and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, caring and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Bethany, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, you need the expert and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a full recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Bethany, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you collect a full recovery. We manage all every detail of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your capacity to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you recover full compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get the best possible compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Bethany, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted carelessly and broke the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bethany, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily tasks like using a computer are no longer doable. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also get complete compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading ploys to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Bethany, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Bethany, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case straight away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto crash experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Bethany, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property manager liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Bethany and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the buyer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Bethany, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that cause car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bethany, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Bethany, MO work circumstances were dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Bethany, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Bethany, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Bethany, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the best possible compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, almost one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bethany, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sreckless actions. Our Bethany, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Bethany, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that confusion can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bethany, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Bethany, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Bethany, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case right away.