Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Blue Springs, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Blue Springs, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to an expert lawyer in Blue Springs, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law now.
Blue Springs, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic consequences in your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are upset and it can be difficult to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Blue Springs, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where somebody else broke the rules and injured you, you require the knowledgeable and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Blue Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case right away and we do not rest until you collect a full recovery. We manage every every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme impact on your ability to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to ensure you are completely compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive complete compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Blue Springs, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was thoughtless and broke the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Blue Springs, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer doable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also get full compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Blue Springs, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a complimentary case review to see what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers start working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Blue Springs, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim immediately. We will gather all relevant evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto wreck experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is legally bound to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Blue Springs, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a careless property operator responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Blue Springs and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the tough cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you sustain a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Blue Springs, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to car collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An accomplished and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Blue Springs, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Blue Springs, MO work circumstances were hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Blue Springs, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury happened. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Blue Springs, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Blue Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the full recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your ability to move and complete basic tasks. They also often require extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, almost a third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Blue Springs, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Blue Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the devastating effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Blue Springs, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Blue Springs, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Blue Springs, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Blue Springs, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case right away.