Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Bonne Terre, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to insist on the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Bonne Terre, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO today at or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you need the expert and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Bonne Terre, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not let up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We oversee all every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive effect on your ability to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make sure you get complete compensation for the disastrous effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Bonne Terre, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved negligently and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like brushing your teeth are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Bonne Terre, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law now for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the full compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO at for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case straight away. We will gather all important evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle collision experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Bonne Terre, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property owner accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Bonne Terre and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Bonne Terre, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to motor vehicle collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent flaw, did not issue a recall or otherwise failed to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Bonne Terre, MO work site was dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Bonne Terre, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare cases, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Bonne Terre, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your faculty to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bonne Terre, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sthoughtless actions. Our Bonne Terre, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Bonne Terre, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bonne Terre, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Bonne Terre, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Bonne Terre, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case at once.