Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Bowling Green, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer in Bowling Green, MO about your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to demand the great recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law right away.
Bowling Green, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, kindhearted and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Bowling Green, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you need the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a full recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Bowling Green, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case straight away and we do not let up until you collect a great recovery. We manage all every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a profound effect on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to make certain you are fully compensated for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only undergoing emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover complete compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Bowling Green, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved dangerously and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bowling Green, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer doable. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, you could experience low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also recover full compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Bowling Green, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and veteran lawyers begin working on your case straight away to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Bowling Green, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of car crash experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is legally bound to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Bowling Green, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property operator accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly supervising you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Bowling Green and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we demand great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the customer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Bowling Green, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to motor vehicle accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bowling Green, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Bowling Green, MO work environment was dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Bowling Green, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Bowling Green, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Bowling Green, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand in your corner until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to secure you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bowling Green, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless behavior. Our Bowling Green, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Bowling Green, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bowling Green, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Bowling Green, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Bowling Green, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case now.