Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Butler, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Butler, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Butler, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and determination to insist on the great recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Butler, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a family member received an injury because of another person's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and you may be unsure of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, caring and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Butler, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else broke the rules and injured you, you require the accomplished and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get full compensation. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Butler, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not rest until you receive a complete recovery. We handle all every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive impact on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make sure you receive great compensation for the devastating impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some measure of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Butler, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved dangerously and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Butler, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer possible. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Butler, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Butler, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case at once. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property must maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Butler, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property operators liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Butler and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Butler, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that result in motor vehicle wrecks
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Butler, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you receive the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Butler, MO work site was unsafe. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Butler, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you sustained your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will often order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Butler, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Butler, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Butler, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sreckless actions. Our Butler, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to asses, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Butler, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Butler, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Butler, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to get you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Butler, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can get started on your case right away.