Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Christian County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Christian County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Christian County, MO about your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to insist on the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law right away.
Christian County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or recklessness, you are outraged and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have discovered that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Christian County, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where another person disregarded the rules and injured you, you require the expert and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Christian County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you are awarded a great recovery. We oversee each every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a profound impact on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some measure of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you complete compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Christian County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved carelessly and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Christian County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily activities like writing are no longer possible. You may have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Christian County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a number of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Christian County, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim right away. We will collect all important evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is legally bound to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Christian County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a careless property manager accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Christian County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the tough cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the consumer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Christian County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Christian County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Christian County, MO work circumstances were hazardous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Christian County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Christian County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Christian County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the complete compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the full recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Christian County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the correct dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless behavior. Our Christian County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Christian County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Christian County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Christian County, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Christian County, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can start working on your case straight.