Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Clayton, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Clayton, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer in Clayton, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to insist on the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
Clayton, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of someone else’s dangerous behavior or recklessness, you are outraged and it can be hard to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, caring and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Clayton, MO today at or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where another person did not respect the rules and injured you, you need the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get a full recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Clayton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not rest until you collect a full recovery. We oversee all every part of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme impact on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to ensure you are awarded complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only undergoing emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get the best possible compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Clayton, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Clayton, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily activities like using a computer are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Clayton, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law now for a free consultation to see what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Clayton, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim at once. We will gather all relevant evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of car crash experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Clayton, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property operator liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Clayton and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Clayton, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that cause auto wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Clayton, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Clayton, MO work site was hazardous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Clayton, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will often order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Clayton, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Clayton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely hamper your ability to move and complete basic tasks. They also often require extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Clayton, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sirresponsible behavior. Our Clayton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the catastrophic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Clayton, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Clayton, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Clayton, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Clayton, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case straight.