Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Concordia, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Concordia, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer in Concordia, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to insist on the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law right away.
Concordia, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible actions or recklessness, you are outraged and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Concordia, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person broke the rules and injured you, you require the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get full compensation. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Concordia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not rest until you receive a great recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a profound effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to ensure you are fully compensated for the cataclysmic impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Concordia, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved recklessly and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Concordia, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like getting dressed are no longer achievable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also collect complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Concordia, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a complimentary case review to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the full compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Concordia, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim right away. We will gather all important evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car collision experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet floors without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Concordia, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property manager responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently monitoring you during surgery. When that happens, you need the trustworthy and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Concordia and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Concordia, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Concordia, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Concordia, MO work site was hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Concordia, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Concordia, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Concordia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously limit your faculty to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Concordia, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sdangerous behavior. Our Concordia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Concordia, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Concordia, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Concordia, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Concordia, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case immediately.