Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Desloge, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Desloge, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with an expert lawyer in Desloge, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to demand the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Desloge, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of somebody else's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Desloge, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person broke the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get the best possible compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Desloge, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not rest until you are awarded a great recovery. We oversee every every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a profound effect on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you collect complete compensation for the devastating effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may need medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive maximum compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Desloge, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was negligent and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Desloge, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a great financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer feasible. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Desloge, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Desloge, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case straight away. We will collect all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of car wreck experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Desloge, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property managers accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not properly supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Desloge and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the hard cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you sustain a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Desloge, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that result in car collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to insufficiently test a product, approved a design with an inherent fault, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Desloge, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make sure you get the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Desloge, MO work environment was dangerous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Desloge, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Desloge, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Desloge, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the best possible compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your faculty to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, almost one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Desloge, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sdangerous behavior. Our Desloge, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to compute, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Desloge, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that confusion can be multiplied after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Desloge, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Desloge, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Desloge, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can get started on your case immediately.