Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Drexel, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Drexel, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Drexel, MO about your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to demand the full recovery you are owed. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Drexel, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of your family. If you or a family member experienced an injury because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may be unsure of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Drexel, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and harmed you, you require the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Drexel, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not let up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We oversee all every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a terrible effect on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to ensure you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you are able to retain some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Drexel, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was thoughtless and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Drexel, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like combing your hair are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Drexel, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our talented and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Drexel, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car wreck experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Drexel, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property managers accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Drexel and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Drexel, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause car accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Drexel, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Drexel, MO work environment was dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires immediately, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Drexel, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury occurred. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will often order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Drexel, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Drexel, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to secure you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously inhibit your faculty to move and perform basic activities. They also often require extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Drexel, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless behavior. Our Drexel, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Drexel, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Drexel, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Drexel, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Drexel, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case immediately.