Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Excelsior Springs, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and will power to demand the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law right away.
Excelsior Springs, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous repercussions in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member experienced an injury because of another person's dangerous behavior or thoughtlessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have discovered that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Excelsior Springs, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the accomplished and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Excelsior Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not give up until you collect a complete recovery. We oversee every every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive effect on your ability to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Excelsior Springs, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was negligent and broke the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also receive complete compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Excelsior Springs, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Excelsior Springs, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will collect all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto wreck experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Excelsior Springs, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a careless property manager liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Excelsior Springs and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the customer. When they are negligent and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Excelsior Springs, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved a design with an inherent defect, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in harm to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Excelsior Springs, MO work site was dangerous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Excelsior Springs, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Excelsior Springs, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Excelsior Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the complete recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely limit your faculty to move and perform basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Excelsior Springs, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless actions. Our Excelsior Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Excelsior Springs, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Excelsior Springs, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Excelsior Springs, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Excelsior Springs, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get started on your case at once.