Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Festus, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Festus, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer in Festus, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to demand the maximum recovery you are owed. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
Festus, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one received an injury because of another person's dangerous behavior or recklessness, you are upset and you may be unsure of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Festus, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and injured you, you need the accomplished and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Festus, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you receive a full recovery. We oversee all every detail of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive effect on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make certain you are fully compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover maximum compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Festus, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved negligently and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Festus, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Festus, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you the entire compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Festus, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim immediately. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is legally bound to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery floors when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Festus, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a careless property operator responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Festus and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the customer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Festus, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that lead to car collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Festus, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you collect the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Festus, MO work site was hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Festus, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Festus, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Festus, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the best possible recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your ability to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Festus, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless behavior. Our Festus, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to asses, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Festus, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Festus, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Festus, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Festus, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can start working on your case at once.