Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Hazelwood, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Hazelwood, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Hazelwood, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to insist on the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Hazelwood, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one received an injury because of another person's irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Hazelwood, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you need the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Hazelwood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case straight away and we do not let up until you collect a great recovery. We handle every every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive effect on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make sure you recover maximum compensation for the devastating effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Hazelwood, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Hazelwood, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect maximum compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Hazelwood, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and seasoned lawyers start working on your case right away to get you the full compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Hazelwood, MO at for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim immediately. We will gather all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of car crash experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property has to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Hazelwood, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property owners liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Hazelwood and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Hazelwood, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Hazelwood, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you collect the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Hazelwood, MO work site was unsafe. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Hazelwood, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the moment symptoms emerge, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Hazelwood, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Hazelwood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your ability to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Hazelwood, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sreckless actions. Our Hazelwood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Hazelwood, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Hazelwood, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Hazelwood, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Hazelwood, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can begin working on your case straight.