Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Independence, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Independence, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Independence, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to insist on the full recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Independence, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous ramifications in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and you may be unsure of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Independence, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else broke the rules and hurt you, you need the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get full compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Independence, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not let up until you receive a full recovery. We oversee all every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive effect on your faculty to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to ensure you get the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some amount of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect the best possible compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Independence, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved recklessly and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Independence, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer doable. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Independence, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and veteran lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Independence, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case at once. We will collect all important evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle collision experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Independence, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property operators accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Independence and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the customer. When they are careless and you suffer a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Independence, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause motor vehicle accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent flaw, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An veteran and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Independence, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Independence, MO work environment was dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Independence, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Independence, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Independence, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand in your corner until you get the full recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely hamper your ability to move and perform basic tasks. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Independence, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to calculate the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sthoughtless actions. Our Independence, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to determine, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Independence, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Independence, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Independence, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Independence, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case straight.