Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Jackson County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Jackson County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a qualified lawyer in Jackson County, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to demand the full recovery you are owed. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Jackson County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous consequences in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of another person's negligence or carelessness, you are outraged and it can be hard to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Jackson County, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and injured you, you require the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Jackson County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not rest until you are awarded a great recovery. We manage all every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme effect on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the disastrous effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just undergoing emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover maximum compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Jackson County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and broke the rules, you need a savvy and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Jackson County, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like eating and drinking are no longer possible. You may have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive maximum compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tactics to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Jackson County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and veteran lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the full compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Jackson County, MO at for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of auto accident experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Jackson County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property owners responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Jackson County and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Jackson County, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to car wrecks
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Jackson County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Jackson County, MO work circumstances were unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Jackson County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Jackson County, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Jackson County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your faculty to move and perform basic activities. They also often require extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, nearly a third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Jackson County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sirresponsible behavior. Our Jackson County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the catastrophic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Jackson County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Jackson County, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Jackson County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to win you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Jackson County, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can start working on your case right away.