Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Lafayette County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Lafayette County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Lafayette County, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to demand the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
Lafayette County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic consequences in your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one received an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have discovered that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Lafayette County, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and injured you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get full compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Lafayette County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not rest until you receive a great recovery. We oversee every every part of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a terrible effect on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you still have some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may need medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you the best possible compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Lafayette County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and broke the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lafayette County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like getting dressed are no longer possible. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Lafayette County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Lafayette County, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle accident experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is legally bound to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery surfaces without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Lafayette County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property owners liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not correctly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Lafayette County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Lafayette County, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that cause auto crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to insufficiently test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lafayette County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Lafayette County, MO work environment was hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Lafayette County, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Lafayette County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Lafayette County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously inhibit your capacity to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, almost one-third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lafayette County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Lafayette County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to asses, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Lafayette County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lafayette County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Lafayette County, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Lafayette County, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can start working on your case at once.