Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Lamar, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Lamar, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to consult with an expert lawyer in Lamar, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to insist on the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law now.
Lamar, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of another person's dangerous actions or carelessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Lamar, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and injured you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get the best possible compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Lamar, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not let up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We manage all every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a profound impact on your faculty to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to ensure you are completely compensated for the catastrophic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Lamar, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved dangerously and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lamar, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily activities like writing are no longer possible. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Lamar, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Lamar, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case immediately. We will collect all relevant evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of car wreck experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Lamar, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Lamar and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Lamar, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, did not issue a recall or otherwise failed to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lamar, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you collect the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Lamar, MO work site was hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Lamar, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms appear, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Lamar, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Lamar, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the full compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to secure you the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often require extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lamar, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sreckless actions. Our Lamar, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Lamar, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complicated, and that confusion can be aggravated after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lamar, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Lamar, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial skills to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Lamar, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case now.