Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Lincoln County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Lincoln County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Lincoln County, MO about your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to insist on the full recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Lincoln County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating consequences in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of another person's dangerous behavior or carelessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are owed. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Lincoln County, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get full compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Lincoln County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you collect a complete recovery. We handle every every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a terrible impact on your capacity to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive maximum compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Lincoln County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was careless and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lincoln County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a great financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer possible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is key to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also get complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tricks to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Lincoln County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the full compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Lincoln County, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will collect all important evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of car collision experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is legally bound to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery surfaces without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Lincoln County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property operators accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Lincoln County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Lincoln County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause motor vehicle collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lincoln County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you are awarded the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Lincoln County, MO work site was dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Lincoln County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly you experienced your injury. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Lincoln County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Lincoln County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely limit your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, almost one-third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lincoln County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sirresponsible behavior. Our Lincoln County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Lincoln County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been disrupted by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lincoln County, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Lincoln County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Lincoln County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case immediately.