Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Neosho, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Neosho, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer in Neosho, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to demand the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Neosho, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one received an injury because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may be unsure of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Neosho, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the talented and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Neosho, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case immediately and we do not give up until you receive a full recovery. We manage all every part of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extreme effect on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you get the best possible compensation for the disastrous effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you the best possible compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Neosho, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Neosho, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like eating and drinking are no longer doable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect complete compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Neosho, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Neosho, MO at for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case right away. We will collect all relevant evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto collision experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is required to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Neosho, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not correctly monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Neosho and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the difficult cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Neosho, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to car collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An accomplished and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Neosho, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Neosho, MO work circumstances were dangerous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Neosho, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the instance symptoms appear, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Neosho, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Neosho, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the full recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your ability to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Neosho, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the correct dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sreckless behavior. Our Neosho, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to compute, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the catastrophic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Neosho, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Neosho, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Neosho, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Neosho, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case right away.