Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Nevada, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Nevada, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to an expert lawyer in Nevada, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to insist on the great recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
Nevada, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, compassionate and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Nevada, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and injured you, you require the expert and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Nevada, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not rest until you are awarded a complete recovery. We manage each every part of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your ability to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make certain you are fully compensated for the disastrous effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you keep some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Nevada, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved recklessly and broke the rules, you need a skilled and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Nevada, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like brushing your teeth are no longer doable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is vital to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Nevada, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Nevada, MO at for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim at once. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto crash experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Nevada, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property manager responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Nevada and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the consumer. When they are careless and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Nevada, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to motor vehicle crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Nevada, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Nevada, MO work site was hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires immediately, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Nevada, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Nevada, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare cases, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Nevada, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your capacity to move and perform basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Nevada, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sirresponsible actions. Our Nevada, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Nevada, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Nevada, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Nevada, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Nevada, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case at once.