Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Peculiar, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Peculiar, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to an expert lawyer in Peculiar, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to demand the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Peculiar, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and you may be uncertain of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Peculiar, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you require the accomplished and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Peculiar, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not rest until you collect a complete recovery. We manage all every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make certain you collect complete compensation for the disastrous effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Peculiar, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Peculiar, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a great financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like getting dressed are no longer achievable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Peculiar, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case straight away to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a number of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Peculiar, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim straight away. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto wreck experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Peculiar, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property owners liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Peculiar and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Peculiar, MO to hold them accountable. There are many products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as defective brakes, that result in car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved a design with an inherent fault, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An veteran and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Peculiar, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you are awarded the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Peculiar, MO work environment was dangerous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Peculiar, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly you sustained your injury. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or harms you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Peculiar, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Peculiar, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the full recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your capacity to move and complete basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Peculiar, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sdangerous behavior. Our Peculiar, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your healing and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Peculiar, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Peculiar, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Peculiar, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Peculiar, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get started on your case now.