Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Pettis County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Pettis County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Pettis County, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and tenacity to insist on the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Pettis County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one received an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are angry and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Pettis County, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get full compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Pettis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case right away and we do not give up until you collect a great recovery. We handle every every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your ability to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Pettis County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was negligent and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Pettis County, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer doable. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could experience low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive full compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use misleading schemes to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Pettis County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Pettis County, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim right away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of auto accident experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Pettis County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property operators liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Pettis County and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the buyer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Pettis County, MO to hold them accountable. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as faulty brakes, that result in motor vehicle accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Pettis County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Pettis County, MO work environment was hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Pettis County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms appear, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will often order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Pettis County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Pettis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, almost one-third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Pettis County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless actions. Our Pettis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to determine, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your healing and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Pettis County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Pettis County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Pettis County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Pettis County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can start working on your case immediately.