Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Phelps County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Phelps County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Phelps County, MO about your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the best possible recovery you are owed. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Phelps County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member experienced an injury because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you are upset and it can be difficult to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Phelps County, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and injured you, you need the expert and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get full compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Phelps County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not rest until you receive a great recovery. We manage all every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a terrible effect on your ability to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you receive great compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some degree of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Phelps County, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted dangerously and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Phelps County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer feasible. You may have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is key to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also recover complete compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Phelps County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Phelps County, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim at once. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto accident experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Phelps County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property manager responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not properly supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Phelps County and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are negligent and you sustain a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Phelps County, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that result in auto crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Phelps County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you get the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Phelps County, MO work environment was dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Phelps County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the moment symptoms appear, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Phelps County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Phelps County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously inhibit your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often require extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Phelps County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Phelps County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to determine, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Phelps County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that confusion can be compounded after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Phelps County, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Phelps County, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Phelps County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case immediately.