Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Platte City, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Platte City, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Platte City, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to insist on the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Platte City, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, kindhearted and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Platte City, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, you require the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get full compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Platte City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not rest until you are awarded a great recovery. We handle every every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make sure you are fully compensated for the devastating impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Platte City, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted carelessly and broke the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Platte City, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily tasks like eating and drinking are no longer possible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Platte City, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Platte City, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim straight away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto wreck experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Platte City, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property owners liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Platte City and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Platte City, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that result in car wrecks
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Platte City, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Platte City, MO work environment was hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Platte City, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Platte City, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Platte City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the complete recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the maximum recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely limit your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Platte City, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sdangerous actions. Our Platte City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your healing and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Platte City, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and hard to understand, and that confusion can be compounded after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Platte City, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Platte City, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Platte City, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case now.