Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Poplar Bluff, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO about your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to insist on the full recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Poplar Bluff, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member received an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the accomplished and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get full compensation. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Poplar Bluff, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you collect a great recovery. We handle each every detail of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extreme effect on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you are fully compensated for the devastating impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and special devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you complete compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Poplar Bluff, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was careless and broke the rules, you need a savvy and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like getting dressed are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is essential to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also recover complete compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tricks to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Poplar Bluff, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers start working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO at for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim immediately. We will gather all relevant evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto accident experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Poplar Bluff, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property owners accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Poplar Bluff and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Poplar Bluff, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to motor vehicle crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to properly test a product, approved a design with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you are awarded the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Poplar Bluff, MO work site was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Poplar Bluff, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the moment symptoms appear, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Poplar Bluff, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand in your corner until you get the best possible recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the full recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Poplar Bluff, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to quantify the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Poplar Bluff, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to determine, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Poplar Bluff, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Poplar Bluff, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Poplar Bluff, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Poplar Bluff, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case straight.