Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Raytown, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Raytown, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to converse with a qualified lawyer in Raytown, MO about your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to demand the best possible recovery you are owed. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Raytown, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of somebody else's dangerous behavior or recklessness, you are upset and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Raytown, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and harmed you, you need the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get full compensation. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Raytown, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case at once and we do not rest until you collect a full recovery. We handle every every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme effect on your capacity to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Raytown, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Raytown, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer possible. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is essential to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Raytown, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our talented and experienced lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Raytown, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim straight away. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto wreck experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is legally bound to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Raytown, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property managers responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Raytown and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are careless and you experience a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Raytown, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that result in auto accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An accomplished and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Raytown, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you get the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Raytown, MO work environment was hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Raytown, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Raytown, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Raytown, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your ability to move and perform basic tasks. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Raytown, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless behavior. Our Raytown, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to determine, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Raytown, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complicated, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Raytown, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Raytown, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Raytown, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get started on your case straight.