Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Savannah, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Savannah, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer in Savannah, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to demand the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law now.
Savannah, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Savannah, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person broke the rules and injured you, you need the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get a complete recovery. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Savannah, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case at once and we do not let up until you are awarded a great recovery. We manage each every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you are awarded complete compensation for the devastating effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you maintain some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Savannah, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved carelessly and broke the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Savannah, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer feasible. You might have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Savannah, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you the entire compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Savannah, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case at once. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto collision experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Savannah, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property owner accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Savannah and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Savannah, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that cause motor vehicle wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An veteran and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Savannah, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in injury to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Savannah, MO work site was unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Savannah, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury occurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Savannah, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Savannah, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your ability to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, almost one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Savannah, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sirresponsible behavior. Our Savannah, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to determine, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Savannah, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Savannah, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Savannah, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Savannah, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can get started on your case now.