Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Sedalia, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Sedalia, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Sedalia, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to insist on the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Sedalia, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Sedalia, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the talented and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get the best possible compensation. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Sedalia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not rest until you are awarded a great recovery. We manage every every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme effect on your faculty to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make sure you are awarded the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may need medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect maximum compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Sedalia, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved dangerously and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Sedalia, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer achievable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Sedalia, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers start working on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Sedalia, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case at once. We will collect all relevant evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car wreck experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property must maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Sedalia, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property owners liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the trustworthy and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Sedalia and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the buyer. When they are negligent and you sustain a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Sedalia, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to motor vehicle collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise failed to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Sedalia, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you get the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in injury to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Sedalia, MO work site was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Sedalia, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the moment symptoms appear, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a judge will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Sedalia, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Sedalia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your ability to move and complete basic tasks. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Sedalia, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sirresponsible actions. Our Sedalia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and basically refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Sedalia, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Sedalia, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Sedalia, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Sedalia, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can start working on your case at once.