Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Shaw, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Shaw, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Shaw, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and will power to insist on the great recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Shaw, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating consequences in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you are upset and you may be uncertain of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, kindhearted and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Shaw, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else broke the rules and hurt you, you need the accomplished and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Shaw, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case at once and we do not rest until you collect a great recovery. We oversee every every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a profound effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some degree of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Shaw, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was careless and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Shaw, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like using a computer are no longer possible. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is essential to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also collect full compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Shaw, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and veteran lawyers start working on your case right away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Shaw, MO at for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case straight away. We will collect all important evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle accident experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery floors without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Shaw, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Shaw and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Shaw, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Shaw, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you collect the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Shaw, MO work circumstances were dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Shaw, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a court will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Shaw, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Shaw, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the complete recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the full recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your ability to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Shaw, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sirresponsible behavior. Our Shaw, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Shaw, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Shaw, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Shaw, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Shaw, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case right away.