Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer South St. Louis County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in South St. Louis County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to an expert lawyer in South St. Louis County, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to insist on the great recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
South St. Louis County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member experienced an injury because of somebody else's dangerous actions or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and it can be difficult to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, kindhearted and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else broke the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s South St. Louis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you collect a complete recovery. We manage each every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme impact on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to ensure you are fully compensated for the disastrous impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you the best possible compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our South St. Louis County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved negligently and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in South St. Louis County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily activities like combing your hair are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also collect maximum compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in South St. Louis County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case at once. We will collect all important evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle crash experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the South St. Louis County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property managers liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the South St. Louis County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are reckless and you sustain a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in South St. Louis County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause car crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in South St. Louis County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make sure you are awarded the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your South St. Louis County, MO work circumstances were hazardous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in South St. Louis County, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring South St. Louis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the full recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in South St. Louis County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sdangerous actions. Our South St. Louis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to asses, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The South St. Louis County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in South St. Louis County, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our South St. Louis County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the South St. Louis County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can begin working on your case straight.